Fajita Bowl with Grilled Shrimp
This fajita bowl with grilled shrimp and rice makes a super simple summer dinner recipe that you can make in less than 30 minutes!
- 20 Argentinian red shrimp
- 8 small bell peppers cut into slices
- 1 small onion cut into slices
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoon avocado oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup Green Mountain Gringo® Mild or Medium Salsa
- 1.5 cups rice cooked
Begin by seasoning the shrimp with salt & pepper and then marinating the shrimp in Green Mountain Gringo® Mild Salsa. Set the shrimp aside and cut the peppers and onions.
Add peppers and onions to a grill pan sprayed with coconut oil or avocado oil spray. Grill veggies over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, flipping halfway.
While the veggies cook, place the marinated shrimp on grilling skewers then grill for 2-3 minutes per side.
Assemble bowls with cooked rice, shrimp, veggies and top with Cojita cheese, avocado, Greek yogurt or sour cream and Green Mountain Gringo® Original Tortilla Strips.
- Prep veggies by washing and cutting them beforehand. This will allow you to save time when making this meal on a weeknight.
- Choose a base for your bowls, either microwave rice, cauliflower rice, or lettuce works well.
- Toppings for your bowl can be avocado, Cojita or Mexican blend cheese, sour cream or Greek yogurt and/or cilantro. Feel free to swap ingredients to your preference.
- If you don't have a grill you can also air fry the shrimp and roast the veggies. Air fry shrimp at 400F for 6 minutes and roast prepared veggies at 400F for 20-30 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Nutrition information does not include toppings.
Serving: 2servings | Calories: 486kcal | Carbohydrates: 65.1g | Protein: 36.9g | Fat: 8.6g