Easy healthy air fryer breakfast potatoes recipe made with red baby potato cubes. This paleo and whole30 friendly breakfast potato recipe is perfect for a hash with eggs or on its own!
Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
You know when you go out to breakfast and you order the traditional breakfast and those absolutely amazing crispy little potatoes come out? Have you ever wondered how in the world can I make these breakfast potatoes at home?
I have four words for you – air fryer breakfast potatoes. A bunch of my Instagram readers tell me they do not have an air fryer yet and I’m thinking, what are you waiting for?
That diner-quality crisp comes from that air fryer goodness! But don’t worry, if you do not yet have an air fryer, I’m including oven roasted recipe instructions here too.
Did I mention that these are whole30 breakfast potatoes that are also paleo friendly? Four simple ingredients and these crispy breakfast potatoes are going to knock your socks off!
🥔 Ingredients – What You Need To Make
Here is what ingredients you will need:
- Baby red potatoes: I love the way these potatoes cook up for this recipe. You definitely want mini potatoes so you don’t spend all day cutting potatoes!
- Olive Oil
- Salt + Pepper
Yes, really that is it.
🔪 Instructions – How To Make Crispy Breakfast Potatoes in the Air Fryer
Here is how you make the breakfast potatoes in the air fryer:
1. Cut the potatoes. You will want to cut the potatoes pretty small. I cut them in half then half again, finally turning them for 3-4 more cuts horizontally.
2. Oil them up! Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil. Start with 2 tbsp and go from there if you need more, go for it.
3. Season and stir. I like to season potatoes to taste. Per one pound of potatoes, start seasoning with 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper and 1 tsp paprika and go from there.
4. Air fry! Add your potatoes to the air fryer making sure not to crowd them. Air fry in two batches if you need to.
💭 Helpful Tips – Making the Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
Here are a few helpful tips in making crispy potatoes for breakfast:
Accompaniments for potatoes at breakfast?– Adding in an egg, some bacon and onions, peppers or other veggies would create a delicious air fryer breakfast hash.
What are the best kind of potatoes for this recipe – I highly recommend red baby potatoes for the ultimate crisp. You can swap out other potatoes, like sweet potatoes, but they will not be as crisp.
What temperature is the best to cook potatoes? – I recommend cooking these at 400F in the air fryer.
Oven directions: I don’t have any air fryer – can I cook these in the oven? Yes – follow the recipe as is and cook in the oven at 425F for 15 minutes, shaking halfway.
Other Healthy Potato Recipes You Will Love!
Here are a few of Momma Fit Lyndsey’s most popular potato recipes!
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Whole30 Potato Salad
- Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole
- Whole30 Mashed Potatoes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato
Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
- 1 pound red baby potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- Clean potatoes and dry them. Cut each in half, then half again, finally turning them for 3-4 more cuts horizontally.
- Add potatoes to a large bowl and drizzle them with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add your potatoes to an air fryer sprayed with coconut oil cooking spray. Air fry at 400F for 12-15 minutes, shaking basket halfway through.