Air Fryer Hash Brown Patties made crispy and with only 5 ingredients! These Sweet potato hash browns are easy to make and whole30 compliant!
Air Fryer Hash Brown Patties
Simple ingredients are what make a recipe easy right? I love nothing more than finding a simple recipe that is easy to make with few ingredients.
This sweet potato hash browns recipe is just that – simple! Made crispy in the air fryer, this whole30 hash brown has five easy ingredients that will give you homemade hash browns in no time.
You can dip these in ketchup (Primal Kitchen has a fabulous Whole30 approved ketchup) or my personal preference – hot sauce! Either way, these tasty air fryer hash brown patties will become a new favorite breakfast side in your house!
🍠 Ingredients – What You Need To Make Sweet Potato Hash Browns
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- Shredded Sweet Potatoes
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Almond Flour
🔪 Instructions – How To Make Whole30 Hash Browns
Here is how you make it:
Before you begin making these hash browns in the air fryer be sure you have squeeze all of the moisture out of your sweet potatoes. I like to shred my sweet potatoes on the fine setting making them dripping with liquid.
Use a paper towel to ring out any excess moisture before you begin! I also recommend grating your onions or dicing them very small for this recipe.
1. Add the ingredients. Add sweet potatoes, eggs, seasoning, almond flour and onions to a large bowl.
2. Mix it up! Mix together with a fork until well incorporated.
3. Scoop it out! Using a small cookie scoop out approximately 18 hash brown patties. You will likely need to split the batch to give them enough room in the air fryer. Air fry at 400F for 5 minutes per side or until crispy and cooked through.
💭 Helpful Tips – Making Hash Browns in the Air Fryer
Making frozen air fryer hash browns: You can make hash browns in the air fryer directly from the freezer. Follow the recipe and freeze patties on parchment paper in a freezer safe bag. Once you are ready to cook the hash browns in the air fryer, cook them according to instructions adding in a few more minutes to ensure they are cooked through.
How do you shred sweet potatoes? I like to shred my sweet potatoes using a hand grater on the finest side. I also recommend doing this with your onion for sweet potatoes, especially if anyone in your family has texture issues with large pieces.
What is the secret to crispy hash browns? Aside from making hash browns in the air fryer for ultimate crisp, you must remove the moisture from the potatoes before air frying. Use a paper towel to ring out any excess moisture from your sweet potatoes before you begin.
Are these sweet potato hash browns good for breakfast or dinner? Personally, I think these are a great side dish for any meal! Pair them with my Make Ahead Egg Casserole for a hearty breakfast or with my Air Fryer salmon for a yummy filling dinner!
Other Healthy Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love!
- Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- Homemade Taquitos
- Air Fryer Crab Cakes
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast
Sweet Potato Air Fryer Hash Brown Patties
- 2 medium sweet potatoes grated
- 1/2 medium onion grated
- 1 tbsp everything bagel seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- Wash and grate the sweet potato finely. Use a paper towel to wring out any excess moisture.
- Add sweet potatoes, eggs, seasoning, almond flour and onions to a large bowl.
- Mix together with a fork until well incorporated.
- Using a small cookie scoop out approximately 18 hash brown patties. You may need to split the batch to give them enough room in the air fryer.
- Air fry at 400F for 5 minutes per side or until crispy and cooked through.