Air Fryer French Toast Sticks are easy to make for Saturday brunch or busy mornings! You can make them ahead to freeze and reheat!
Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, air fryer french toast is literally the best! Cut your toast into sticks and you have french toast sticks – the ultimate kid friendly breakfast that is easy enough for busy mornings or special enough for lazy Saturdays!
French toast is great, but putting it into the air fryer gives it that extra delicious crisp! This recipe can be made into frozen french toast sticks which are great to reheat for busy mornings!
What You Need to Make Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
Don’t you love recipes that are simply delicious with just a few ingredients? You may even have everything you need on hand to make french toast sticks!
- Bread – I recommend challah bread for french toast but sturdy whole grain bread like Dave’s Killer Bread would be a great healthy swap!
- Whole Milk – You can substitute for almond milk or oat milk if you are making dairy free french toast.
- Eggs – Vital Farms pasture raised eggs are my favorite!
- Coconut sugar
- Air Fryer
I get many of my healthy baking ingredients delivered direct to me using Thrive Market. I love being able to get things delivered fast to my home!
You can get each of the ingredients you’ll need for this and more of my healthy treat recipes at Thrive Market. Get $20 in shopping credit when you sign up for Thrive Market!
What is the best air fryer on Amazon prime?
If you don’t have an air fryer – it’s time to get one! I have two recommendations for air fryers if you are in the market for one.
- Ninja Foodi – I love this multi cooker because it has so many functions in addition to air frying. It’s a bit pricier but nice if you just want one appliance.
- Ultrean Air Fryer – I’ve been using this air fryer for a few years and I love its compact size and durability.
Did You Just Get An Air Fryer, But Aren’t Sure What Accessories You Need?? Check Out My Air Fryer Accessory Guide!
Variations for Making French Toast Sticks in the Air Fryer
The great thing about this easy air fryer breakfast recipe is that it is completely customizable. My french toast sticks recipe is pretty simple, but if you have a dietary concern or want to add some extra flavor, here are a few ideas!
Vegan Air Fryer french toast – substitute oat milk or almond milk for dairy milk and replace eggs with three flax eggs.
Pumpkin Spice French Toast Sticks – substitute pumpkin spice for cinnamon – a perfect recipe for easy fall breakfast.
Stuffed French Toast – instead of cutting into sticks, make air fryer french toast rollups by rolling your bread and stuffing it with fruit or nut butter.
Need More Easy Breakfast Recipes Your Family Will Love?
- Dairy Free Cinnamon Rolls
- Blueberry Muffins with Crumb Topping
- Vanilla Almond Granola
- Air Fryer Hash Browns
- Oat Flour Pancakes
- Apple Cinnamon Baked French Toast
Follow Me On Social Media!
Like This Recipe For Air Fryer French Toast Sticks? Give It A Try And Share It On Instagram! Tag Me @Mommafitlyndsey!
Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- 1 loaf challah bread
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar divided
- up to 1/3 cup milk add slowly until desired texture is achieved
- Cut bread into 1-inch thick slices and then into three sticks. Spray basket of air fryer with coconut oil spray.
- Add eggs, one half of the coconut sugar and the milk (see ingredient notes) and whisk. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Dip sticks into egg mixture, coating both sides but not completely soaking the bread. Place into air fryer basket and sprinkle with additional sugar. Air fry for 4-5 minutes per side at 380F.
- Top with powdered sugar if desired and serve with maple syrup for dipping.