This Tik Tok rice bowl with salmon will satisfy your sushi cravings! Lazy sushi makes a delicious, healthy & filling meal for a quick lunch or dinner! Ready to eat in less than 5 minutes, 15 if you need to cook the salmon!
This post may contain paid links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer.
Love trying out viral recipes? You're not alone!
This rice bowl with salmon is the deconstructed take on the viral recipe all over Tik Tok and Instagram!
What Makes This Recipe Work
- Easy to meal prep.
- A lazy sushi recipe is perfect when you are craving sushi.
- Healthy & filling. Naturally gluten-free.
- Can be made using cooked or raw salmon.
- Easy to customize based on your preferences. Add in your favorite sushi ingredients like salmon, asparagus, shrimp, sesame seeds, or whichever toppings you prefer.
Here are the ingredients you need to make this recipe. Reference the recipe card at the bottom for exact measurements and the notes below for substitution ideas.
- Cooked salmon: air fryer or grilled works great for this rice bowl with salmon. I generally use cooked, but you could also try raw or smoked salmon. Canned salmon also works.
- Sriracha: makes this salmon buddha bowl hot & spicy. Use more or less according to your tastes.
- Brown rice: can also be made with quinoa.
- Avocado: simple guacamole also works well.
How to Make This Recipe
Below are step-by-step instructions for how to cook this recipe. The recipe card at the bottom shows the exact cooking time and temperatures.
- If you're looking for a less spicy rice bowl with salmon, try swapping out Sriracha for tahini, teriyaki, or miso to keep the Asian flavors without the heat.
- Stir in some ginger paste and top with some cilantro or green onions.
- Try other proteins such as shrimp, tofu, tuna, halibut, or whichever fish you prefer.
- For a low-carb version try making shrimp buddha bowls without rice or use cauliflower rice.
- Storage: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. You can also make it ahead and stir them together once ready to eat.
The ingredients usually include protein, whole grains, veggies, toppings, and a sauce.
Complete macro information is available in the recipe card for the ingredients listed. Swapping ingredients or omitting/adding will affect calories and macro data.
If you've made this recipe, would you please leave a star rating and comment below on the recipe card? If you want more simple + delicious eats, please subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for the latest updates.
Rice Bowl with Salmon Recipe (Tik Tok Version)
- Combine cooked salmon with other bowl ingredients in a large bowl.4, 4-oz. fillet salmon, 2 cups brown rice, 2 small avocados, ½ medium cucumber, 8 sheets seaweed snacks, Chinese 5 Spice Seasoning
- Make the dressing by stirring together sauce ingredients and drizzling over top.¼ cup Greek Yogurt, 1 tablespoon avocado mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon Sriracha, 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- Storage: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. You can also make ahead and stir together once ready to eat.