This post may contain affiliate links, see disclosure policy for details.
Have you tried this viral pasta recipe yet? This delicious baked feta pasta goes over the top with delicious Norwegian salmon! This recipe and blog post was created in partnership with the Norwegian Seafood Council. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Momma Fit Lyndsey. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Baked Feta Pasta with Salmon
One of my favorite things over the past year has been trying new viral recipes at home! This take on baked feta pasta adds a punch of protein power with some delicious Norwegian salmon.
What is most important with health and wellness is balance! The message I want to send my family is that all foods fit! The 2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans and the American Heart Association recommend eating fish twice a week.
So, when I am making a pasta dish, I like to incorporate a veggie and a healthy protein for variety, texture and added nutrition. Norwegian seafood contains a variety of nutrients including vitamins, minerals, high-quality protein and omega-3 fatty acids, and offers many benefits including heart health, brain development, healthy vision, cognitive health and longevity. Salmon is a nutritious choice to add to a pasta dish like this.
Salmon from Norway makes sense because it is a versatile protein, sustainably produced and so flavorful!If you like this baked feta pasta with salmon – check out my Salmon + Rice skillet using Norwegian salmon.
Ingredients – What You Need To Salmon Baked Feta Pasta
To make this recipe, head to your local Whole Foods, Costco, Trader Joe’s, Aldi and other select retailers to find some Norwegian salmon.
This time I shopped at Trader Joe’s and Aldi for the ingredients I needed to make this recipe.
You will also need the following ingredients:
- Pasta – 16 oz pasta of your choice, I used rigatoni
- Salmon from Norway
- Feta cheese – 8 oz block
- Olive Oil
- Seasoning (I used Za’atar and salt & pepper)
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Fresh Garlic
🔪 Instructions – How To Make Salmon Pasta Bake
1. Place cherry tomatoes in a baking dish and add feta block. Add seasonings and garlic and drizzle with olive oil.
2. Bake mixture at 400F for 25 minutes. See Salmon Instructions for baking pasta and salmon at the same time. Mash tomatoes with a fork or potato masher.
3. Mix together melted cheese and tomatoes until they become a uniform sauce.
4. Add cooked pasta to the dish and mix together.
1. Season the salmon with salt, pepper and preferred seasoning blend. I chose Za’atar seasoning.
2. Bake at 400F for 25 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork. I used two small pans to allow the pasta and salmon to cook together
3. Remove salmon from the cooking pan and place on top of prepared pasta.
4. Break up salmon into pieces and mix with pasta and cheese sauce.
💭 Helpful Tips for Making Salmon Feta Pasta
Suggestions for substitutions in this recipe:
- Swap out Norwegian salmon for another Seafood from Norway selection such as Norwegian cod.
- Mix in more veggies like broccoli, zucchini or spinach.
- Use diced canned tomatoes in place of fresh cherry tomatoes
- Use crumbled feta if a feta block is not available.
Where can I find Norwegian Seafood?
Seafood from Norway is available at Whole Foods, Costco, Trader Joe’s or Aldi. Check out more recipe inspiration from the Norwegian Seafood Council by visiting their website!
Download the FREE Pescatarian Diet Grocery List
Enter your info to get the FREE Pescatarian grocery list plus other healthy lifestyle tips!