Healthy protein baked oatmeal is an easy breakfast recipe your entire family will love! Easy to make as single-serve baked oats that taste just like cake for breakfast! Blended baked oats that are highly customizable with delicious flavor options.
Protein Baked Oatmeal
Another day, another viral TikTok recipe! I’m totally there for this one.
Also – I’m totally loving the whole baked oats for one thing. But, I’ve got little mouths to feed so this recipe is going to create protein baked oatmeal for your entire family.
That means not only is it going to make more than one portion but it’s also going to be kid-friendly. Sometimes being kid-friendly means renaming it to Breakfast Cake – that’s what I did – and that’s what it tastes like.
This recipe also pumps up the protein factor making this healthy protein oatmeal a great way to start the day.
Ingredients You Need for This Recipe
Here are the ingredients you need for this recipe:
- Oatmeal: Any kind of oats will do, I chose gluten free rolled oats.
- Milk of your choice: I chose almond milk to make this a vegan baked oatmeal.
- Bananas: the riper the better!
- Maple Syrup: You can also substitute honey or coconut sugar. Note: honey is not vegan so stick to maple syrup or coconut sugar if you want it to be vegan.
- Nut butter: Almond butter, peanut butter or cashew butter work well here. I recommend Georgia Grinders Almond Butter – use code LYNDSEY20 for a 20% off discount.
- Baking Powder
- Sea Salt
- Vanilla Extract
- Protein Powder: Use vanilla protein powder of your choice.
- Flavor option add ins: sprinkles, chocolate chips, cacao, matcha, blueberries, lemon juice (see notes and FAQs for more information)
How to Make this Recipe
Here are the steps to make this recipe:
- Add all ingredients (excluding toppings) to a blender – I love to use my Vitamix for this!
- Blend on high until well mixed. Scrape down sides and blend again.
- Add oatmeal mixture to an 8X8 baking dish sprayed with coconut oil spray.
- Add in mix-ins and bake at 350F for approximately 30 minutes.
Expert Tips & FAQs
My favorite flavor combinations for this recipe are chocolate chip cookie, matcha, double chocolate brownie and lemon blueberry.
1. Add in 1 tbsp chocolate chips for single serve or 1/4 cup for full recipe.
2. Add in 1 tsp of matcha for single serve or 4 tsp for full recipe.
3. Add in 2 tbsp cacao powder + 1 tsp chocolate chips for single serve or 1/2 cup cacao powder plus 4 tsp chocolate chips for full recipe.
4. Add 1/4 cup blueberries plus 1 tbsp lemon juice for single serve or 1 cup blueberries plus 1/4 cup lemon juice for full recipe.
Use a ramekin and divide the recipe by four. You can also divide the whole recipe between four ramekins and try out different flavor combinations.
Baked oatmeal is best eaten fresh from the oven. If you want to reheat it I recommend adding a little milk or almond milk and microwaving it until your desired temperature.
This protein oatmeal contains vegan protein powder to increase the protein. You may also consider adding eggs or egg whites to increase protein.
I have not tested this recipe with eggs therefore cannot comment on what the final product will be like.
Other Healthy Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love!
- Healthy Zucchini Muffins
- Vanilla Almond Granola
- Spinach Feta Egg Muffins
- Instant Pot Sous Vide Egg Bites
Protein Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup protein powder
- Preheat oven to 350F. Add all ingredients (excluding chocolate chips or other toppings) to a high-powered blender.
- Blend on high until well mixed (about 60 seconds). Scrape down sides and blend again until all pieces are mixed.
- Coat an 8X8 baking dish with coconut oil or cooking spray. Add oatmeal mixture to dish.
- Top with mix-ins and gently fold in. Bake at 350F for approximately 30 minutes.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie: Add in 1 tbsp chocolate chips for single serve or 1/4 cup for full recipe.
- Matcha: Add in 1 tsp of matcha for single serve or 4 tsp for full recipe.
- Double Chocolate Brownie: Add in 2 tbsp cacao powder + 1 tsp chocolate chips for single serve or 1/2 cup cacao powder plus 4 tsp chocolate chips for full recipe.
- Blueberry Lemon: Add 1/4 cup blueberries plus 1 tbsp lemon juice for single serve or 1 cup blueberries plus 1/4 cup lemon juice for full recipe.