Your ultimate guide for Bentgo Lunch Ideas is here! If you're looking for unique and healthy lunch ideas for kids to take to school, look no further! We will create so many good ideas for kids' lunches that even picky eaters won't get bored! Download your FREE Bentgo Lunch Ideas Printable to make it even simpler!
This post may contain paid links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer.
- What Makes a Bentgo special?
- What Can I Put in My Child's Packed Lunch?
- List of Bentgo Lunch Ideas
- Recipes for Easy Lunch Box Ideas to Put in a Bentgo
- Pumpkin Protein Balls
- Apple Nachos - Healthy Snack for Kids
- Chicken Taquitos
- Easy Cheese Quesadilla
- DIY Uncrustables
- Hummus & Turkey Rollups
- Tzatziki Dipping Bento
- Homemade Pepperoni Rolls with Peppers
- Banana Oatmeal Bars
- Naan Pizza
- GF Pasta Salad
- Bentgo Lunch Ideas
- Protein Blueberry Muffins
- Bone Broth Chicken Soup
- List of Foods to Pack in Bentgo Box
- Air Fryer Pizza Bagels
What Makes a Bentgo special?
Bentgo is a brand name for an innovative and functional lunchbox container. The purpose of Bentgo containers is primarily the separate inner containers separating foods.
There are a variety of similar containers sold by other brands on Amazon and at other retailers.
Separating the foods is essential for picky eaters and for packing hot school lunches versus cold school lunch ideas.
Bentgo containers are spill-proof, thanks to their separate containers, sealing, and lids. This allows dressing, sauces, and liquids to be packed into school lunches without spilling.
Bentgo boxes can be cleaned in the dishwasher and are microwave-safe. OmieBox Bento Boxes have a hot food compartment insert that allows hot and cold food to be packed together.
They are reusable and are made from high-quality material that is BPA-free.
What Can I Put in My Child's Packed Lunch?
Balance and nutrition are two goals to strive for when packing school lunches for kids. These Bentgo lunch ideas will help to include variety and choices.
Picking one or more ideas from each category will easily fill your Bentgo box and keep your kids fueled.
We've got you covered on breakfast too! Check out these healthy breakfast ideas for kids for even more meal-planning help.
Snack ideas on your mind? Try these easy kid snacks!
List of Bentgo Lunch Ideas
To create a balanced and delicious school lunch, pick one or more Bentgo lunch ideas from each of the categories below.
Download your FREE Bentgo Lunch Ideas Printable! (opens in a new tab)
Recipes for Easy Lunch Box Ideas to Put in a Bentgo
PUMPKIN PROTEIN BALLS
One of fall's favorite flavors - pumpkin spice!
Fun to eat and only 3 ingredients!
These are so fun to eat and are one of our top kid-friendly meals!
A great way to make the popular packaged lunch items with fewer ingredients and the same delicious taste!
Deliciously well-balanced and full of flavor!
Try this different sauce for a tasty new flavor!
This easy lunchbox recipe is great because it tastes great hot or cold!
Only 4 ingredients and so delicious and easy to make for school lunches.
This naan bread pizza is an easy lunch that tastes great hot or cold!
GLUTEN-FREE PASTA SALAD
A delicious and balanced pasta salad is the perfect easy lunch.
Even more ideas for filling up your Bentgo!
This nourishing recipe uses bone broth for even more nutrients! Remove the broth to serve noodles and veggies in a Bentgo lunch box.
List of Foods to Pack in Bentgo Box
Surprisingly, there are many foods that are good in a bento box. Here are some good packed lunch ideas we love.
Proteins & Dairy
- Ham lunchmeat
- Nut Butter
- Rotisserie chicken
- Turkey lunchmeat
- Cottage Cheese
- Apple Chips
- Granola Bar
- Mini Bagel
- Pita bread
- Rice Cakes
- Veggie Straws
- Applesauce pouch
- Mandarin oranges
- Baby Carrots
- Bell Peppers
- Celery Sticks
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Fig Newtons
- Fruit Leather
- Granola Bar
- Graham Crackers
- Rice Krispy Treats
Sauces and Condiments
- Peanut Butter
- Ranch Dressing
- Sour Cream
The Bentgo kids Chill Lunch Box has a separate, removable ice pack. Standard Bentgo containers do not have ice packs and do not keep food cold.
You can purchase small slim ice packs that fit on top of the Bentgo container and keep food cold in a lunchbox.
Bentgo is a name-brand company that produces Bentgo boxes. The original Bentgo box resembled a bento box.
Bento boxes are all-in-one Japanese lunchboxes that contain single portions to create a balanced meal.
Bento boxes inspired many varieties of school lunch containers to be created that support a similar approached to balanced eating.
Air Fryer Pizza Bagels
- 3 mini bagels split in half
- ¾ cup pizza sauce
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese
- Slice bagels in half and spoon sauce onto each half.
- Top with cheese.
- Place into basket and air fry at 370F for 3-4 minutes.
- Storage: Store cooked bagels in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Leftovers can be eaten cold or heated up. See below for reheating instructions.
- Make Ahead: Can be made ahead and frozen for up to 3 months or stored in the refrigerator for a day prior to cooking. The sauce may soak in if made ahead and stored in the refrigerator so you may consider increasing the amount of sauce to use.
- Frozen: These can be baked straight from frozen. Assemble according to recipe instructions up to cooking. Place uncooked bagels on a baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes before storing in a freezer safe container.
- Reheating: Reheat leftovers by crisping for 2-3 minutes in the air fryer.