Breakfast ideas for kids can leave any parent stumped! These grilled peanut butter + banana sandwiches and apple cinnamon baked French toast are two easy breakfast ideas for kids and teens. They are filling and delicious – something both parents and kids will love!
The post was sponsored by Nature’s Own®. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Momma Fit Lyndsey. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Breakfast Ideas for Kids + Lunch they’ll Love!
Do your kids tend to be picky eaters? My girls have both gone through picky eating phases.
Coming up with breakfast ideas for kids when they are picky is definitely a challenge.
Picky eating can be extremely frustrating for parents. Eventually most kids grow out of picky eating but it can be hard.
The Mayo Clinic has a great article with some advice for parents of picky eaters.
In my personal experience, I’ve found a few simple tricks to help curb picky eating. My favorite personally successful techniques are:
- Elevate a simple recipe and make it more interesting.
- Build on what they already like
- Encourage trying new things with old favorites.
I like to build on what they already like. My girls are big fans of peanut butter and jelly. They also love grilled cheese.
To help to encourage them to try new things, I created grilled peanut butter and banana sandwiches. The key was finding a recipe they were already comfortable with, and adding in some new ingredients!
Kids Breakfast Ideas to Make Ahead! These Recipes Can Make Breakfast + Lunch Easier!
Make ahead casseroles can save the day! I try to prep easy ingredients for busy weekdays.
Apple cinnamon French toast casserole bake is perfectly family-friendly and will work for breakfast or breakfast for dinner!
A Few Other Family Momma Fit Lyndsey Easy Breakfast Ideas for Kids You May Like!
Easy Breakfast Recipe – Bread is the perfect canvas for new ideas!
Nature’s Own® Bread is the perfect canvas for both of these healthy breakfast ideas for kids. There are six different varieties of bread, any of which would be perfect for these recipes.
Nature’s Own is our family’s favorite bread for its taste. I also love that Nature’s Own has no artificial preservatives, colors or flavors, and no high fructose corn syrup.
It’s also incredibly fresh! Nature’s Own bread goes from scratch to shelf in about 48 hours.
Healthy Breakfast Ideas for Kids – Two Recipes They’ll Love
These two recipes using Nature’s Own bread will be a favorite h breakfast idea for the kids and your whole family! You can use any of the Nature’s Own bread varieties in the recipes.
Apple Cinnamon French Toast Casserole Bake
- 1 loaf Nature's Own bread
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups fresh apples diced
- Spray a 9X13 casserole dish with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, add eggs, milk, raw honey, coconut sugar, vanilla and spices. Mix until well combined.
- Chop bread into small cubes and add to the casserole dish. Layer apples over bread.
- Pour the french toast mixture into the prepared casserole dish. bake for 45-50 minutes or until the center is no longer wet.
- Overnight instructions for make ahead french toast casserole: Place prepared dish into fridge overnight. Remove from fridge in the morning to bake.
Sweet Grilled Sandwich – Peanut Butter + Banana
- 2 slices Nature's Own Bread
- ½ banana sliced
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter
- Preheat a griddle or gril pan over medium heat. Spray pan with cooking spray or melt ½ tablespoon butter.
- Spread one tablespoon of peanut butter on each slice of bread. Add sliced banana.
- Grill sandwich on both sides until golden brown.