These no bake pumpkin protein balls are super easy to make in under 10 minutes. Made with 6 simple ingredients like pumpkin puree, oats, with protein powder and vanilla and naturally sweetened with maple syrup. Vegan and gluten free!
These pumpkin protein balls are great to throw into your teen's lunch or meal prep to take to work. Kids will love to have these yummy bites in their lunchbox!
Why You Should Make This Recipe
- Customizable: You can use pumpkin spice or cinnamon if you do not have it on hand. Can also be made gluten free by using gluten free rolled oats. Make without nuts by using seed butter.
- Healthy snack your entire family will love.
- Quick and easy to make in just about 10 minutes.
Here are the ingredients you need to make this recipe. Reference the recipe card at the bottom for exact measurements and the notes below for substitution ideas.
- Rolled oats: Substitute with steel cut oats, gluten free oatmeal or oat flour for a smoother texture.
- Almond butter: May substitute with cashew, peanut or sunbutter if you prefer.
- Puree: Be sure to pick up puree and not pie filling.
This is a step by step walkthrough of how to cook this recipe. Exact cook time and temperatures are available in the recipe card at the bottom.
- To make these pumpkin protein balls with no peanut butter substitute almond butter, sunbutter, cashew butter or whichever your preference is.
- You can make these with no oats to make them low carb, however you may want to add in more protein powder if there is too much moisture.
- Mix-ins ideas: Add in chocolate chips, chopped pecans, toasted coconut flakes or your favorite seed.
These energy bites are great for a quick snack or to pack for a lunch on the go. I also love to eat these for a healthy dessert.
If you've made this recipe, would you please leave a star rating and comment below in the recipe card? If you would like more simple + delicious eats please subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Pumpkin Protein Balls
- 1 cup rolled oats gluten free if desired
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup almond butter
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup raw honey
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out approximately 24 small balls. Use your hands to roll and place on a plate. Freeze for 10 minutes.