Low Carb Rotisserie Chicken Recipes make mealtime easy! Great for meal prep and leftovers, these low carb meal prep bowls make a healthy lunch or dinner!
But fear not, I have created two different lunch salads that are super easy to prep ahead and use precooked rotisserie chicken!
These healthy rotisserie chicken bowls are tasty, quick to make and less expensive and time consuming that cooking raw chicken.
If you are in a pinch for time or ideas, check out my Greek Rotisserie Chicken Bowl and my Buffalo Chicken Zoodle bowl. Both of these recipes are super easy meal prep bowls using a rotisserie chicken.
A Few Frequently Asked Questions About Healthy Rotisserie Chicken
What can I make with rotisserie chicken?
You can literally make tons of recipes with rotisserie chicken. Basically any recipe that calls for cooked chicken can use rotisserie chicken in its place.
I use rotisserie chicken all of the time when I need cooked chicken quickly. Rotisserie chicken is perfect for healthy meal prep bowls and quick dinners like casseroles and soups.
Is a rotisserie chicken healthy? Who has the healthiest rotisserie chicken?
Rotisserie chicken can be healthy if you read the labels and understand how it is prepared. Many rotisserie chickens are seasoned prior to shipping to the store for cooking.
Be sure to read the label to understand what seasonings and other ingredients are added prior to cooking.
I like to buy my rotisserie chicken at Whole Foods or at our local Giant Eagle that sells rotisserie chickens with no antibiotics.
Is rotisserie chicken OK on the keto diet?
Rotisserie chicken is a great choice for the low carb or keto diet. Precooked chicken is a great way to prep healthy keto meals ahead of time.
How many meals can you make from a rotisserie chicken?
By using the chicken breast, leg, thigh and wing meat you can get usually over 2 cups of chicken from a rotisserie chicken. This means I could make roughly four salads from one rotisserie chicken.
Healthy Rotisserie Chicken Recipes – Greek Chicken Salad and Buffalo Chicken Zoodle Salad
To get started in making these rotisserie chicken meal prep bowls, gather up the following:
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Veggies (cucumbers, zucchini, tomatoes)
- Feta Cheese
- Greek Dressing
- Buffalo Sauce
- Avocado Mayo
- Meal Prep Bowls – these are my favorite glass meal prep bowls
Wash and prep all produce and set aside. To prepare the rotisserie chicken you will:
- remove the skin
- cut meat off from breast, thigh and leg. You can also use wing meat if desired.
- cut off excess fat from chicken
- remove any bones
- dice chicken into bite sized pieces and separate evenly into two bowls
Add Greek dressing to one bowl of chicken and add to meal prep bowl along with cucumbers, tomatoes and feta. Sprinkle with sea salt and oregano. Serve with baby romaine if desired.
Add Buffalo sauce and avocado mayo to other bowl and mix together. Season with sea salt. Serve with cherry tomatoes and blue cheese if desired.
Try These Other Easy Low Carb Recipes From Momma Fit Lyndsey
Follow Me On Social Media!
Like These Low Carb Rotisserie Chicken Recipes? Give It A Try And Share It On Instagram! Tag Me @Mommafitlyndsey!
Low Carb Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- 1 rotisserie chicken skin, fat and bones removed and cut into bite sized pieces. Halved if making both flavors of salad.
- sea salt to taste
Greek Chicken Salad
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ English cucmber sliced and halved
- ¼ cup feta cheese halved
- 1-2 tablespoon Greek dressing plus more for serving if desired
- 2 cups baby romaine for serving if desired
Buffalo Chicken Salad
- 1 large zucchini spiralized and halved
- 1-2 tablespoon buffalo sauce more for spicier, less for less spicy
- 1-2 tablespoon avocado mayonnaise
- Add Greek dressing to one bowl of chicken and add to meal prep bowl along with cucumbers, tomatoes and feta. Sprinkle with sea salt and oregano. Serve with baby romaine if desired.
- Add Buffalo sauce and avocado mayo to other bowl and mix together. Season with sea salt. Serve with cherry tomatoes and blue cheese if desired.