This super easy & quick no mayo rotisserie chicken salad recipe is made with Greek yogurt, rotisserie chicken, apples and celery. Tastes like the classic recipe but it's a healthy chicken salad you can prep on the weekends for a week full of healthy lunches. Simple to make in less than 10 minutes!
Easy meals can be a struggle. This one needs to go on your list of easy, healthy, done. Serve this recipe with some fruit and a side of veggies and you have one quick meal your entire family will love!
If you need ideas for what to serve with salad, check out our entire collection of healthy summer recipes including our collection of easy summer meals that pair well with this recipe - many of them are gluten-free!
Why This Recipe Works:
- Easy to make with rotisserie chicken. You can grab the store bought version at your favorite grocery store (I usually get one when I'm at Whole Foods or Costco.)
- Can be easily swapped with tuna to make Tuna Salad with Greek Yogurt or swap out different fruits or veggies.
- Quick to throw together for meal prep for a few days of lunch or an easy dinner.
- Great for most dietary restrictions. This recipe is keto and can be made dairy free or Paleo.
Ingredients You Need for This Recipe
Here are the ingredients you need to make this recipe. Reference the recipe card at the bottom for exact measurements and the notes below for substitution ideas.
Ingredients for the Healthy Rotisserie Chicken Salad
- Rotisserie chicken: You will need to remove all of the meat from the bone (discard the skin) and chop it into bite-sized pieces. Alternatively, buy it pre-cut(both Whole Foods and Costco sell it this way.). Leftovers also work.
- Fruit of choice: I chose apples but you could also add grapes or cranberries.
- Celery: Cut celery into small bite sized pieces for a delicious texture and crunch.
- Greek yogurt: Use plain Greek yogurt and start with about ½ cup to see how much you want for the salad.
- Salt + pepper: Classic salt and pepper is perfect for this recipe, but if you want to jazz it up a nice Everything Bagel Seasoning or your favorite all purpose seasoning would be great too.
How to Make This Recipe:
This is a step-by-step walkthrough of how to cook this recipe. The recipe card at the bottom shows the exact cook time and temperatures.
- Chicken + apple. Add both to a bowl and mix.
- Celery or other crunch veggie. Add in celery and mix.
- Greek yogurt for dressing. Add in desired amount of Greek yogurt. Mix until well coated.
- Time to season! Season with salt and pepper and serve on top of toast or lettuce.
- Storage: Store your chicken salad in the fridge in an airtight container for up to four days.
- Freezer instructions: I do not recommend freezing as it does not freeze well. You can freeze chopped chicken and defrost when you are ready to assemble it.
- Serving: Serve on top of toast, in lettuce wraps or on a bed of mixed greens, on a croissant, or with crackers.
- Add in almonds for additional flavor and crunch.
- Omit apples and add in a bit of buffalo sauce to create a spicy & flavorful healthy buffalo chicken salad.
Swap out Greek yogurt for a plain dairy free yogurt to make this salad dairy free. I have used Forager Cashewmilk yogurt and it's been perfect for this recipe.
Alternatively, use avocado or guacamole in place of Greek yogurt.
It is quite healthy, as long as your pay attention to how it is prepared and what parts of the chicken you eat. I tend to purchase my rotisserie chickens from Whole Foods to ensure they are quality chicken and seasoned with better products.
If you've made this recipe, would you please leave a star rating and comment below on the recipe card? If you would like more simple + delicious eats please subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for the latest updates.
Rotisserie Chicken Salad Recipe
- ½ rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove chicken from rotisserie chicken (white and dark meat) and cut into small bite-sized cubes. Add it to a large bowl. You can double the recipe to use the entire chicken.
- Add in apple, celery and Greek yogurt. Mix until well coated.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve on top of toast or lettuce.
Loved it and so simple to make.
Thank you Penny! I'm so glad you liked it!