This Rotisserie Chicken Salad recipe is made with Greek yogurt, Whole Foods rotisserie chicken, apples and celery. It’s a healthy chicken salad you can prep on the weekends for the entire week!
Rotisserie Chicken Salad Recipe
Is it just me or does a rotisserie chicken solve all of your mealtime problems? I’m a huge fan of rotisserie chicken and I use it in casseroles, soups, salads, you name it!
This healthy chicken salad recipe is a variation of my Tuna Salad with Greek Yogurt but this time we are using a rotisserie chicken! This recipe is incredibly versatile and you can add in different fruits or veggies if you want, but I like to keep it pretty basic.
Rotisserie chicken generally lasts about four days in the fridge so this is definitely a lunch you can prep on a Monday morning and have four days of healthy lunches ready!
🐔 Ingredients – What You Need To Make Healthy Rotisserie Chicken Salad
Here are the ingredients you will need:
Ingredients for the Healthy Rotisserie Chicken Salad
- Rotisserie chicken: You will need to remove all of the meat from the rotisserie chicken and chop it into bite-sized pieces.
- Fruit of choice: I chose apples but you could also add grapes or cranberries.
- Celery: Cut celery into small bite sized pieces. Celery adds a delicious crunch and extra veggies to this rotisserie chicken salad.
- Greek yogurt: Use plain Greek yogurt and start with about 1/2 cup to see how much you want for the salad.
- Salt + pepper: Classic salt and pepper is perfect for this recipe, but if you want to jazz it up a nice Everything Bagel Seasoning or your favorite all purpose seasoning would be great too.
🔪 Instructions – How To Make Chicken Salad with Greek Yogurt
Here is how you make it:
- Chicken + apple. Add rotisserie chicken to a bowl. Mix in chopped apple.
- Celery or other crunch veggie. Add in celery and mix.
- Greek yogurt for dressing. Add in desired amount of Greek yogurt. Mix until well coated.
- Time to season! Season with salt and pepper and serve on top of toast or lettuce.
💭 Helpful Tips – Making the Perfect Easy Chicken Salad
Here are a few of my favorite tips for making chicken salad! I’ve also included the answers to a few common questions about rotisserie chicken and chicken salad.
Chicken Salad Storage: Store your chicken salad in the fridge in an airtight container for up to four days. Rotisserie chicken will last in the fridge for four days.
Is Rotisserie Chicken Good or Bad for You? Rotisserie chicken is quite healthy, as long as your pay attention to how it is prepared and what parts of the chicken you eat. I tend to purchase my rotisserie chickens from Whole Foods to ensure they are quality chicken and seasoned with better products.
Making Rotisserie Chicken at Home? Making your own rotisserie chicken is always an option! Culinary Hill has a highly rated recipe for making your own rotisserie chicken.
Can I Make Dairy Free Chicken Salad? Swap out Greek yogurt for a plain dairy free yogurt to make this salad dairy free. I have used Forager Cashewmilk yogurt and it’s been perfect for this recipe.
Other Healthy Easy Lunch Ideas You Will Love!
- Low Carb Rotisserie Chicken Lunch Ideas
- Quinoa Power Bowl
- Mediterranean Grain Bowl
- Grilled Chicken Caprese Quesadilla
- Lunch Ideas for Teens and Adults for School and Work
Rotisserie Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove chicken from rotisserie chicken (white and dark meat) and cut into small bite-sized cubes. Add it to a large bowl. You can double the recipe to use the entire chicken.
- Add in apple, celery and Greek yogurt. Mix until well coated.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve on top of toast or lettuce.