Easy Air Fryer Buffalo chicken tenders with no breading are one of our favorite low-carb appetizers that the entire family will love! Make these naked chicken tenders for game day Super Bowl parties or an easy and quick dinner for busy weeknights!
Why You Should Make This No-Breading Buffalo Tender Recipe
Here are the top 5 reasons why this recipe is the best way to make buffalo chicken tenders:
Ingredients and Substitutions
Here are the ingredients you need to make this recipe. Reference the recipe card at the bottom for exact measurements and the notes below for substitution ideas.
Chicken tenders, also known as chicken tenderloins, can be found in the meat department of your grocery store.
Use either homemade buffalo wing sauce or store-bought hot sauce for this recipe.
Salt and pepper are the perfect basic seasoning for these chicken tenders. Add in garlic powder, onion powder, or your favorite seasoning blend for even more flavor.
How to Make Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Tenders
Below are step-by-step instructions for how to cook this recipe. The recipe card at the bottom shows the exact cooking time and temperatures.
Dry the raw chicken tenders on a paper towel before seasoning on both sides with salt and pepper.
Spray each side with avocado oil spray to avoid sticking.
Place the seasoned chicken into the air fryer basket or tray in a single layer.
Air fry chicken tenders at 375F for 5-6 minutes per side (10-12 minutes total.)
The chicken tenders are cooked when the outsides are golden brown and the internal temperature is at 165F when measured using a meat thermometer.
Your air fryer model cooking time may vary, including the need to pre-heat. Using an instant-read thermometer is the best way to tell if chicken is cooked.
Place cooked tenders into a large bowl along with your favorite homemade buffalo sauce.
Gently stir the tenders around the large mixing bowl to coat them thoroughly.
- Follow the recipe card as written with no modifications for the best results.
- Cooking time will vary based on the model used. Air fryer toaster oven models tend to cook the fastest, while ovens with air fryer functions generally take longer. Take cook time into account when following the recipe as your model may vary from what I've used.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat in the air fryer at 375F for 5-7 minutes or until heated through.
- To make these chicken tenders spicy, add ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- If you like crispy chicken tenders, try out air fryer crispy chicken tenders!
- For a no-spice, mild recipe, these no-breading chicken tenders will work!
- Do not add the buffalo sauce before air frying the chicken. It will burn and make a mess!
This basic recipe will work on many different types of chicken. You can try it on chicken wings, skinless chicken breast, or chicken thighs.
Note that cooking times will vary based on the thickness of each piece of chicken used.
A simple side dish like your favorite vegetable (such as steamed broccoli, crispy asparagus, or garlic green beans) with these tenders makes a complete meal.
French fries, sweet potato slices, or a baked potato also complement this recipe well.
Serve with your family dipping sauce like wing sauce, ranch dressing, sriracha, or blue cheese dressing.
Other Easy Air Fryer Recipes You Will Love!
If you've made this recipe, would you please leave a star rating and comment below on the recipe card? If you want more simple + delicious eats, please subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for the latest updates.
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Tenders (No Breading)
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Use a paper towel to dry off each side of the chicken tenders. Season each side evenly with salt and pepper.1 pound chicken tenders, salt and pepper
- Spray each side of the tenders with avocado oil spray. Place tenders in an even layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 360F for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway. Cook time will vary based on your model.
- Once the chicken temps to 165F using a meat thermometer, place the cooked meat into a large bowl. Add in the buffalo wing sauce and stir gently to coat.½ cup buffalo wing sauce
- Cook time will vary based on the model you use. Air fryer toaster oven models tend to cook the quickest, while ovens with air fryer capabilities generally take longer. Take cooking time into account when making the recipe as your model may vary.
- Do not put the sauce on the raw meat before cooking. It will burn and make a mess.
- Store cooked leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat chicken in the air fryer at 375F for 5-7 minutes or until heated through.