Air Fryer Mexican Pizza is easy to make at home! This Taco Bell-inspired recipe is super simple to make with your favorite taco toppings. Air-fried to crispy and delicious perfections in less than 10 minutes!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
These are the top 6 reasons to make this air fryer Mexican pizza:
- A kid-friendly recipe your entire family will love!
- A fun take on taco night that makes an easy and quick dinner.
- Delicious budget recipe to help you save money on groceries!
- Easy copycat recipe inspired by the Taco Bell version.
- The air fryer is one of our favorite ways to make Mexican pizza (just like air fryer naan pizza!)
- Great way to use up leftover taco meat!
Ingredients and Substitutions
Here are the ingredients you need to make this recipe. Reference the recipe card at the bottom for exact measurements and the notes below for substitution ideas.
Ground beef, ground chicken, or turkey all work well for this recipe. You can also omit meat or use extra beans for a vegetarian option.
I like to use soft flour tortillas for this recipe. Any soft tortillas should work, but I have not tested corn tortillas or other crispy tortillas.
Topping Ideas for Homemade Mexican Pizzas
Here are a few ideas for some of our favorite taco toppings to add to your air fryer Mexican pizza:
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Green onions or white onions
- Avocado or guacamole
- Taco seasoning, taco sauce, hot sauce, or green or red enchilada sauce
- Black olives
- Cheddar cheese
How to Make Mexican Pizza in the Air Fryer
Below are step-by-step instructions for how to cook this recipe. The recipe card at the bottom shows the exact cooking time and temperatures.
Place a tortilla on the air fryer basket or tray.
Evenly spread a layer of refried beans across the top of the entire tortilla. Next, add in cooked taco meat, and cheese.
Air fry at 370F for 6-8 minutes, depending on your air fryer model. Air fryer toaster ovens like the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer tend to cook more quickly than air fryer functions in ovens, or basket air fryers.
The edges of the tortilla will be golden brown and the cheese will be melted when the Mexican pizza is done cooking.
Once cooked, top with your favorite taco toppings like tomatoes or salsa, lettuce, avocado or guacamole, Greek yogurt or sour cream, and cilantro.
Cut into slices and serve hot.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2-3 days in the refrigerator. Store without taco toppings if possible.
- Use a pizza cutter to easily cut the taco pizza into slices.
- To make a stacked pizza, add a second tortilla like a hard corn tortilla or tostada shells on top of the beans before adding the meat and cheese.
- For a little extra zest, season the top of the meat with garlic powder and chili powder.
To make Mexican pizza in the oven, follow the recipe card through preparation. Bake them on a baking sheet in a 400F oven for 3-5 minutes before adding your favorite toppings and serving.
To make stovetop Mexican pizza, use a large skillet, griddle, or grill pan to cook the pizza over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Yes. Reheat in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes until heated through. Remove toppings or top after reheating if possible.
Other Copycat Recipes You Will Love!
If you've made this recipe, would you please leave a star rating and comment below on the recipe card? If you want more simple + delicious eats, please subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for the latest updates.
Air Fryer Mexican Pizza Recipe
- 1 8-inch flour tortilla
- ½ cup refried beans warmed
- ½ cup cooked ground beef substitute cooked ground turkey or ground chicken
- ⅓ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat air fryer to 370F. Place the tortilla on the air fryer tray or basket.1 8-inch flour tortilla
- Spread warm refried pinto beans across the entire top of the tortilla. Add cooked beef. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese across the top.½ cup refried beans, ½ cup cooked ground beef, ⅓ cup cheddar cheese
- Air fry for 6-8 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the edges of the tortilla are golden brown. Top with your favorite taco toppings, slice, and serve hot.