This post may contain affiliate links, see disclosure policy for details.
These keto donuts will curb your Krispy Kreme cravings! Easy to make with coconut flour and almond flour, this low carb donut recipe will become a favorite keto snack.
Krispy Kreme Keto Donuts – It Can Be Done!
The best snacks are filling ones! That is why keto snacks are usually a favorite of mine, even though I do not follow the keto diet.
I like to be aware of how much sugar I’m taking in, especially since I have a huge sweet tooth! The thing I like about these keto donuts and other keto snacks is that they satisfy my sweet tooth without sending my blood sugar into a tailspin!
So, I do enjoy low-carb treats! If you do too, this low carb donut recipe will make you think you’re eating Krispy Kreme donuts!
A dessert that doubles as breakfast and dessert is a top pick for me! Keto breakfast and Keto dessert for the win! Seriously, I could eat donuts all day… and I know I’m not alone!
How to Make these Krispy Kreme copycat donuts
Making low carb donuts is easier than you may think! I love this recipe for a healthy donut – it works great for all healthy eating plans.
Here are a few items you will need to make them. Check out the recipe below for the rest of the ingredients you will need:
- a good donut pan or a donut cutter
- a keto-friendly flour like coconut or almond flour
- low carb sweetener like stevia, monk fruit, or erythritol
Once you gather the items you need, you can begin baking! Here are the steps to make delicious keto-friendly donuts!
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all of your donut ingredients. I did this with a whisk and a mixing bowl, no fancy tools required!
- Add wet ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Spray donut pan with coconut spray and fill approximately 2/3 of the way.
- Bake in oven for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow donuts to cool in pan for 5 minutes then move to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Allow donuts to cool while you make the keto glaze!
- Melt butter in sauce pan and add in sweetener. Stir until sweetener is completely melted then add in vanilla. Stir over medium heat for about 5 minutes. You can also complete this step in the microwave.
- Remove glaze from heat.
- Store uneaten donuts in the fridge for optimal freshness.
Here is a great tip to fill your donut pan! If you don’t have a pastry bag, try using a quart-sized ziploc bag and cutting off the tip.
Keto Diet for Beginners – How to do Keto on a Diet
In an effort to help you stay on budget, this post is going to help you navigate the Keto diet at my favorite budget friendly keto store, Aldi!
Have you ever asked yourself these questions?
Can I Make Keto Donuts? What are Keto Donuts Made of?
This is so true of starting a new diet. It can be super confusing to know what you can have and what you can’t! Surprisingly, you can make many foods keto-approved or low carb-friendly.If you’re looking at the list of the keto-approved foods, you may wonder, can I make a donut that is keto-friendly!? The answer is absolutely!
There are a few all natural sweeteners, like Swerve, that make keto recipes low-carb. Swapping out flour and sugar also makes these donuts keto-friendly.
Truth be told, with many recipes – just a simple swap of ingredients can make many recipes keto-compliant or low-carb friendly. Everyday Health has a great resource listing restaurant choices for those on the Keto diet.
Donuts can be made low-carb by
- Replacing regular flour with coconut or almond flour
- Swapping white sugar for stevia, monk fruit sweetener or erythritol
Keto Donuts Recipe
This low carb donuts recipe is really quite simple! It makes light and fluffy donuts that taste delicious. Just be sure to have a donut pan or a donut cutter 🙂 If you do opt for a donut cutter, you can always make donut holes!
Gather up all of your ingredients and a little bit of time! These donuts were quick to make and the keto glaze was done in just a few minutes in the microwave!
Keto Glazed Donuts
Keto donuts are perfect for your cravings! These low carb donuts even have incredible keto icing!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup Keto friendly protein powder
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup Swerve
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 - 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup grassfed butter
- 1/4 cup Swerve
- 1 tsp vanilla
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all donut ingredients together.
Spray donut pan with coconut spray. Use a quart sized bag or a frosting bag to pipe donuts into prepared donut pan filling approximately 2/3 of the way. Bake in oven for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow donuts to cool in pan for 5 minutes then move to a baking rack to cool completely.
Allow donuts to completely cool before dipping donuts in glaze.
Melt glaze ingredients in microwave or over medium heat until well incorporated.
Remove glaze from heat.
Need Help Getting Started on the Keto Diet? Here is my list of Best Resources for How to Start a Keto Diet.
More Keto Recipes And Resources From Momma Fit Lyndsey
- Keto Fat Bombs (Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup)
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders (Keto, Whole30 + Paleo Friendly)
- Beginners Guide for Starting on the Keto Diet
- 55 Must-Have Keto on a Budget Items at Aldi + Keto Grocery List
Other Articles that May Help You if You’re New to the Low Carb Lifestyle
- Budget Friendly Keto at Aldi
- Make Ahead Low Carb Breakfast Casserole
- Keto Fat Bombs Peanut Butter Chocolate
- Chocolate Glazed Keto Donuts
- This low carb keto bread recipe from Vigor it Out also sounds amazing!
Follow Me On Social Media!
Like These Keto Donuts? Try Them Out And Be Sure To Share It On Instagram And Tag Me @Mommafitlyndsey
Download the FREE Keto at Aldi Grocery List
Enter your info to get the FREE Keto Aldi grocery list plus other healthy lifestyle tips!