This Keto Fat Bombs recipe is the perfect low-carb dessert and is possibly the best-tasting keto dessert recipe on the internet! Easy no-bake keto dessert made with chocolate, peanut butter, and no artificial sweeteners. Named one of the Top 20 Best Keto fat bomb recipes by Forkly with only 1 gram of net carbs per serving and done in less than 20 minutes!
I'm all about that little sweet bite! I mean who doesn't want a homemade peanut butter cup that tastes like Reese's but is way healthier?
My sweet tooth has to be satisfied on a daily basis. Usually, that means a tasty treat like these keto fat bombs or healthy buckeyes!
I'm not on the keto or low-carb diet - I prefer a balanced eating approach, although I do love these as a healthy sweet snack! Sometimes I even add a scoop of collagen protein powder for some added benefits!
However, I like to be mindful of refined sugar and carb intake. These keto fat bombs are one of my favorite keto dessert recipes to prep for a week of delicious and healthy treats!
Why This Recipe Works
- A healthy treat to reduce processed sugar in your diet.
- Satisfies your sweet tooth and gives you a chocolate fix.
- Perfect healthy treat whether following keto or not.
- Dairy-free, gluten-free, flourless, vegetarian, and vegan!
- Keto dessert recipe that is satiating and keeps you full.
- Quick and easy to make a home, with cheaper and better ingredients than store-bought versions like Slim Fast.
Ingredients You Need:
Here are the ingredients you need to make this recipe. Reference the recipe card at the bottom for exact measurements and the notes below for substitution ideas.
- peanut butter or nut butter: My favorite nut butters are cashew butter and almond butter from Georgia Grinders. They have unbelievable Whole30 and Keto-approved nut butters. Save 20% on your Georgia Grinders almond butter with code "LYNDSEY20".
- stevia, erythritol, or monk fruit sweetener: you can also use stevia drops. Powdered sweeteners will work the best to make smooth cups while using granulated may result in a bit of gritty texture.
How to Make This Recipe:
This is a step-by-step walkthrough of how to cook this recipe. The recipe card at the bottom shows the exact cooking time and temperatures.
- Add chocolate layer ingredients together and mix until smooth.
- Pour evenly into 12 silicone muffin cups. Allow mixture to freeze for ten minutes.
- Mix together the peanut or almond butter layer.
- Evenly pour over the chocolate layer. Freeze for ten minutes.
You essentially mix all of the ingredients up and let them set. I like to freeze mine for easy storage.
- Adding in more cocoa powder will make these more dark chocolate keto fat bombs. Reduce the amount of cocoa powder for a less intense flavor.
- Try swapping out the vanilla extract for coconut extract and adding in some shredded, toasted coconut for a delicious treat. Peppermint extract, orange extract, and almond extract would also be a tasty flavor.
- If you need them to be nut-free substitute almond and peanut butter for sunflower butter.
- If you do not have a muffin tin, use an 8X8 pyrex dish and create a yummy keto candy bar. Alternatively, use an ice cube tray to portion out the bites.
- Store them in the freezer and take them out right before you intend on eating them. Due to the coconut oil, keto fat bombs tend to melt quite quickly.
- Make a cheesy cheesecake layer by adding in a few tablespoon of softened cream cheese to the chocolate layer. Cheesecake is one of my favorite keto dessert recipes!
- If you are not a fan of stevia try replacing it with monk fruit sweetener or powdered erythritol.
- Adding in chopped nuts like walnuts, pecans or almonds makes a delicious topping.
- Add chopped strawberries or raspberries as a layer between the chocolate and peanut butter for a fruity twist.
- Watch me make this recipe on YouTube!
First things first, keto-fat bombs are high-fat, low-carb snacks. You may have heard them referred to as fat bombs, keto bombs, or fat fudge.
They are designed to give your body a healthy dose of fat (think nut butter, coconut oil, cream cheese, or avocado) needed to provide satiety and give you an energy source. For me, they are a keto dessert, keeping me full and preventing me from snacking
You may have wondered, when should I eat a keto fat bomb? I like to keep these on hand so I can have a sweet treat mid-day. The healthy fat from the peanut butter or almond butter and coconut oil keeps me satiated.
Peanuts are a controversial ingredient in diets such as Whole30 and Paleo. Even with the keto diet, there are some people who will not eat them.
I also like to make these keto-fat bombs with almond butter. Almond butter cups are a delicious alternative to chocolate keto fat bombs made with peanut butter.
Peanuts are considered a legume and can cause inflammation in the gut which is why some people choose to forgo them. Although this keto fat bomb has peanuts, if they are an issue for you, just swap out for almond or another low-inflammation nut butter.
Runner's World recommends 1-3 per day. You can eat them any time of day. The amount you eat will depend on your individual nutrition goals. I generally have one per day as a treat.
If you've made this recipe, would you please leave a star rating and comment below on the recipe card? If you want more simple + delicious eats, please subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for the latest updates.
Peanut Butter Cup Keto Fat Bomb
- Combine all ingredients from Chocolate layer. Stir until smooth.Fill mini muffin cups halfway. Freeze for 10 minutes.
Peanut Butter Layer
- Combine all ingredients from peanut butter layer. Stir until smooth.Fill mini muffin cups the rest of the way.Freeze until firm. Store frozen. Makes approximately 12 bombs.