Ninja Foodi Chicken wings are easy to make in just 30 minutes! This recipe for whole30 chicken wings makes crispy chicken wings that can be made in the air fryer.
Whether you have Ninja Foodi, an air fryer or the Instant Pot Air Fryer lid, crispy ninja foodi chicken wings need to be at the top of your must-make list!
This recipe is one of those so good they won’t know it’s good for them kind of recipes!
These are Whole30 chicken wings seasoned with a delicious ranch sauce! BBQ sauce, buffalo sauce, ghee and Whole30 ranch seasoning make these chicken wings absolutely delicious!
A Few Frequently Asked Questions About Whole30 Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer
How do I cook crispy chicken wings in the air fryer?
Cooking chicken wings in the air fryer is the best way to get that delicious crisp without frying them. I cook mine for 12 minutes per side at 360F and then give them one final jolt of heat to crisp them for 6 minutes at 390F
The key is cook them after you’ve seasoned them with salt + pepper but haven’t coated them with sauce yet. Air frying chicken wings with sauce will burn the sauce.
Can I eat chicken wings on Whole30?
Yes! Making chicken wings at home is a great Whole30 meal. Be sure to season and coat them with a Whole30 approved wing sauce.
How do you coat wings with sauce? Should I put the sauce on before or after I put the wings in the Ninja Foodi or Air Fryer?
Always coat your wings with sauce after you air fry them. Putting the sauce on before air frying will burn the sauce.
What kind of air fryer should I use? Does the Ninja Foodi work better than the Air Fryer?
My Ninja Foodi is larger so can handle larger quantities of air frying. The air fryer I use is smaller and usually works well for smaller jobs.
If I had to chose, I’d go with the Ninja Foodi. Having a multi-cooker is great because it is an instant pot, air fryer and slow cooker in one (amongst other features!) It would take up less space and you would have all of the functionalities.
Are chicken wings keto friendly?
These chicken wings are keto friendly. They are a great option because they are very low in carbs.
How to Prepare Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi
To get started, gather up these items:
- Air Fryer, Ninja Foodi, or Instant Pot with Air Fryer Lid
- BBQ Sauce (find my favorite Whole30 compliant bbq sauce here!)
- Buffalo Sauce (Frank’s works well and is Whole30 compliant)
- Ranch Seasoning Mix (find my favorite Whole30 compliant ranch mix here!)
- Coconut Oil or ghee spray
- Sea Salt + pepper
- Chicken Wings
After you air fry your chicken wings (check out the recipe below!) you will follow the super easy steps to coat them in Whole30 approved wing sauce and you’re on your merry Whole30 way!
Did You Just Get An Air Fryer, But Aren’t Sure What Accessories You Need?? Check Out My Air Fryer Accessory Guide!
A Few More Healthy Ninja Foodi or Air Fryer Recipes From Momma Fit Lyndsey
Ninja Foodi Chicken Wings Recipe
Here is how to make this super easy Ninja Foodi Chicken Wings Recipe!
Whole30 Chicken Wings in the Ninja Foodi or Air Fryer
- ½ lb chicken wings
- ¼ cup ghee
- ¼ cup Primal Kitchen BBQ Sauce
- 2 teaspoon Frank's Red Hot
- ½ packet Simply Organic or Primal Palate Ranch Mix
- salt + pepper to taste
- Pat wings dry. Season with salt + pepper.
- Add wings to Ninja Foodi and do not crowd. Cook at 360F for 12 minutes. Flip and cook for another 12 minutes.
- While wings are in Ninja Foodi or Air Fryer, make sauce. Mix together remaining ingredients until well incorporated and set aside.
- Crisp wings one final time for 6 minutes at 390F. Remove from crisper and put into a bowl with sauce. Coat wings evenly with sauce and serve immediately.