Air Fryer Broccoli is an easy to make healthy side dish. This is the best crispy broccoli recipe done in under 10 minutes!
Air Fryer Broccoli is an Easy Healthy Side Dish done in less than 10 minutes!
Broccoli is a favorite side dish in our house. Even my picky kids have decided to eat broccoli.
Do your kids struggle with eating broccoli? This might be a great recipe for your family!
Interestingly enough, one of my daughters likes the top of broccoli and the other likes the bottoms. This makes it easy to buy less and I have way less of a fight when trying to get them to eat their veggies!
You could also drown them in cheese sauce as that worked for me as a kid. However, you may want to take a more nutritional approach and focus on lots of flavor and crisp.
So the solution, air fried broccoli! Getting an air fryer was a great way to get easy, healthy side dishes on the table in very little time.
Did you just get an Air Fryer, but aren’t sure what accessories you need?? Check out my Air Fryer Accessory Guide!
Have you ever wondered what to cook in an air fryer? Or maybe are air fryers healthy?
My answer is yes! Cooking with an air fryer is one of my favorite ways to cook healthy! Here are a few of Momma Fit Lyndsey’s favorite healthy air fryer recipes:
- Air Fryer Salmon (Keto and Whole30 compliant)
- Chili Lime Shrimp in the Air Fryer (Keto and Whole30 compliant)
- Air Fryer Asparagus (Keto, Whole30 and Plant Based/Vegan compatible)
- Homemade Taquitos (Kid-friendly!)
- Keto Cheese Sticks
- Parmesan Crusted Air Fryer Chicken (Kid-Friendly!)
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts (Keto, Whole30 and Plant Based/Vegan Compatible)
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders (Kid-Friendly!)
- Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
What to serve with air fryer broccoli
This healthy broccoli recipe is so easy and versatile, you can serve it with any healthy main dish meat recipe. A few of my favorite ways to eat air fried broccoli are
- As a side dish to a lean protein
- Mixed into a stir fry or clean eating recipe with Asian flavors
- Chopped up and added to a bowl of plant based mac and cheese like my favorite, Banza
- In a lunch bowl or salad, like the ones I frequently share on Instagram
- Added to some Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi with some pasta sauce
- Cold as leftovers (I might be alone on this!)
If you’re looking for some recipes from Momma Fit Lyndsey that will be great to serve with broccoli, here are a few of my favorites!
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Shrimp in the Air Fryer
- Italian Meatballs in the Crockpot
- Grilled Chicken Caprese Quesadilla
- Hawaiian Pulled Pork
- Crispy Parmesan Air Fryer Chicken
- Whole30 Mediterranean Chicken
- Spinach Dip Chicken
- Whole30 Meatloaf
How does an air fryer work?
In my recipe post Air Fryer Asparagus I explain all about how air fryers work. You’d be surprised to find there are a lot of healthy recipes you can make in the air fryer!
Taste of Home had a great recap on what is an air fryer if you’re a newbie!
How to Make Air Fryer Broccoli
I used to make burnt broccoli in the oven and while I still love this recipe, making broccoli in the air fryer is just too easy! My favorite thing about broccoli in the air fryer is that it’s super crispy, healthy and quick to make!
I like to top my air fryer broccoli with parmesan cheese. You can also top your air fryer broccoli with nutritional yeast if you’re looking for a Whole30, Vegan or Paleo friendly broccoli recipe
Have you ever wondered, is broccoli good in the Air fryer? Here is the recipe you need to make crispy and healthy broccoli.
Air Fryer Broccoli
- 1 head broccoli small to medium sized and cut into florets.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil coconut oil or ghee
- 1 teaspoon favorite seasoning garlic powder, onion powder, italian seasoning etc (I recommend Everything but the Bagel Seasoning from Trader Joe's)
- salt and pepper to taste go light if you use a salted seasoning
- Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray. Clean and prepare broccoli by cutting into florets.
- In a medium bowl drizzle oil or melted ghee over broccoli. Season with your favorite seasoning and stir to coat.
- Air Fry at 360F for 7 minutes. Shake air fryer basket after 7 minutes and continue to cook for 5-7 more minutes or until desired crispiness.