These ground chicken burgers are the best easy and quick weeknight family dinner. Juicy, full of flavor, and customizable to your family's tastes. Serve them on a bun, or bun-less with all of your favorite burger toppings!
- Why You Should Make These Air Fryer Chicken Burgers
- What Are Chicken Burgers Made Of?
- How to Make These Easy Air Fryer Chicken Patties
- What Toppings Do You Put on a Chicken Burger?
- What to Serve With Air Fryer Ground Chicken Burgers
- Expert Tips
- Recipe FAQs
- Other Easy Air Fryer Recipes You Will Love!
- Easy Air Fryer Chicken Burgers Recipe
Why You Should Make These Air Fryer Chicken Burgers
Here are the top 4 reasons to make these air fryer ground chicken burgers:
- Simple ingredients and an easy recipe!
- Juicy and tasty burger!
- Air fryer chicken patties are a quick and easy dinner.
- Kid-friendly, healthy meal that is adaptable to make a dinner the whole family will love!
What Are Chicken Burgers Made Of?
Here are the ingredients you need to make this recipe. Reference the recipe card at the bottom for exact measurements and the notes below for substitution ideas.
You can also substitute ground turkey.
Eggs and mayonnaise provide moisture, texture, and binding.
Panko breadcrumbs give the burgers a crunch and also help to keep the burgers together.
Fresh herbs like cilantro, parsley, or chives provide a delicious fresh flavor.
Seasonings such as chili powder, garlic powder, and a small amount of cayenne pepper provide delicious flavor to these air fryer chicken burgers.
You can use onion powder or any other seasoning blend you prefer (ranch seasoning would be delicious!) Be sure that your seasoning blend has salt, otherwise, add in ½ teaspoon of salt (not pictured in photo.)
How to Make These Easy Air Fryer Chicken Patties
Below are step-by-step instructions for how to cook this recipe. The recipe card at the bottom shows the exact cooking time and temperatures.
Add all the ingredients for making homemade chicken patties into a large bowl.
Use your hands to incorporate the chicken mixture. Do not overmix.
Use your hand to evenly score the meat down the middle and across. Shape each burger patty into an even disc.
Place ground chicken patties in a single layer on a piece of parchment paper on a sheet pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or freeze for 10 minutes before air frying to help the patties stay together.
If you are meal prepping these chicken burgers for freezing, place the sheet pan in the freezer for one hour. Remove the frozen chicken patties to a freezer-safe container and store until ready to use.
Place chicken patties into the air fryer basket or tray.
Air fry chicken patties at 375F for 5-6 minutes per side (10-12 minutes total) or until the chicken is golden brown.
The chicken patty is cooked when the internal temperature is 165F on the inside using a meat thermometer.
If cooking frozen chicken patties, add 2-3 minutes extra per side.
What Toppings Do You Put on a Chicken Burger?
Serve on hamburger buns, brioche buns, pretzel buns, in a lettuce wrap, or plain.
Sauces like ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce, aioli, guacamole, or your favorite condiment will all be delicious on top of a chicken burger.
Try other favorite toppings for burgers like a slice of cheese (cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese are great!), lettuce, tomato, red onion, coleslaw, jalapenos, grilled onions, or your other favorite burger toppings.
What to Serve With Air Fryer Ground Chicken Burgers
- Traditional side dishes like french fries, baked potatoes, and sweet potato slices taste great.
- Veggie sides like zucchini fries, grilled corn, sauteed asparagus, or steamed broccoli are light and fresh.
- Salads like roasted potato salad, pasta salad, cabbage slaw, or watermelon salad are perfect accompaniments.
The easiest way to keep air fryer chicken patties together is to freeze them for 10 minutes before air frying. We suggest this for our air-fried turkey burgers too.
Generally, chicken burgers are healthy compared to beef burgers when analyzing fat and calories. They also are high in protein.
Other Easy Air Fryer Recipes You Will Love!
If you've made this recipe, would you please leave a star rating and comment below on the recipe card? If you want more simple + delicious eats, please subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for the latest updates.
Easy Air Fryer Chicken Burgers Recipe
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl.1 pound ground chicken, 3 tablespoon mayonnaise, 1 cup panko breadcrumbs, 1 large egg, ¼ cup cilantro, 2 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon salt
- Use your hands to gently incorporate the ingredients. Do not overmix.
- Use one hand to evenly score the meat mixture down the middle and across. Make four equally thick patties.
- Place patties onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Freeze the prepared burgers for 10 minutes.
- Air fry at 375F for 5-6 minutes per side or until the internal temperature registers 165F when a meat thermometer is inserted into the center.
- Store leftover chicken burger patties in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
- Store frozen chicken burgers in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
- Do not skip the 10-minute freeze. This helps to keep the burgers together during air frying.