Air Fryer Zucchini Fries are an easy to make healthy side dish! Gluten free panko bread crumbs and ranch seasoning make this recipe crispy and delicious!
Another day – another air fryer recipe! What is it about super crispy food that is just so desirable??
This recipe might even fool your toughest critics – the kids (or maybe it’s your partner, or even you!) into actually liking a green food!
My kids are usually onto me when it comes to hidden veggie recipes. By now they generally ask me if I made a recipe with “regular stuff” or not. Insert eye roll.
This recipe is born out of my tried and true coating recipe. I originated the coating in the most popular recipe here on Momma Fit Lyndsey, Air Fryer Chicken Breast!
In fact – I do believe that these air fryer zucchini fries would be the perfect compliment to air fryer chicken breast. You would also have less dishes to do, same coating – two dishes!
How to Make Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
Making zucchini fries in the air fryer is super easy if you follow these simple steps!
First Step: Pancake Mix creates a delicious first base, similar to a flour coating in traditional frying. I add in 1/4 ranch packet for additional flavoring.
Second Step: After you coat with the pancake mix, add the fries to an egg wash and coat thoroughly.
Third Step: The final step is breading. My favorite combination is a homemade bread crumb/panko bread crumb mix. Panko bread crumbs also make a great crunch. You can use almond flour for keto zucchini fries or whole30 zucchini fries.
Frequently Asked Questions about Air Fried Zucchini
What are the best dipping sauces to serve with zucchini fries?
These zucchini fries are great to serve with ketchup, marinara, ranch dressing or aioli.
Can I make zucchini fries in the oven?
You absolutely can make zucchini fries in the oven. I do prefer the crunch of the air fryer but if you are opting for the oven you can cook them at 425F for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway.
Can I make these whole30 zucchini fries? What about keto zucchini fries?
Make the following substitutions for whole30 or keto zucchini fries.
What is the cook time for air fryer zucchini fries?
Air Fryer Directions: 400F for 7 minutes or until desired crispiness
Oven Directions: 425F for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway.
Did You Just Get An Air Fryer, But Aren’t Sure What Accessories You Need?? Check Out My Air Fryer Accessory Guide!
A Few More Healthy Air Fryer Recipes from Momma Fit Lyndsey
Here are just a few of my favorite air fryer recipes!
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries Recipe
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup pancake mix
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 packet ranch dressing mix
- salt to taste
- Peel zucchini skin and cut zucchini into even fry shapes about 1/4 inch wide by 4 inches long. Sprinkle sea salt on zucchini.
- Spray air fryer basket with coconut oil spray and preheat to 400F if required.
- Mix 1/4 of the ranch seasoning packet into the pancake mix and 1/4 of the seasoning packet into the panko bread crumbs (you are using 1/2 of one packet, so 1/4 of the total packet)
- Coat zucchini fries with pancake mix, then egg, then panko bread crumb mix. Repeat process until all zucchini fries are coated.
- Add zucchini to air fryer basket in one layer and do not crowd them. Air fry for 7 minutes or until desired crispiness. Serve with ketchup, marinara, ranch dressing or aioli.