Bang Bang Cauliflower is easy to air fry for spicy & flavorful cauliflower wings. Topped with sticky and tasty sauce makes a delicious, healthy and versatile side dish!
This post may contain paid links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer.
Why This Recipe Works
- Healthy recipe you can customize according to your dietary preference. Easy to make vegan or keto and naturally gluten free.
- Can be eaten as a healthy side dish or appetizer. Alternatively, add to noodles, broccoli and chicken or put into lettuce wraps or tortillas to make tacos for an easy dinner.
- This recipe is made with no breadcrumbs making it lighter than the traditional deep fried recipe.
Ingredients You Need For This Recipe
Here are the ingredients you need to make this recipe. Reference the recipe card at the bottom for exact measurements and the notes below for substitution ideas.
- Avocado Mayo: You can also use classic mayonnaise if preferred.
- Thai Chili Sauce: You can substitute with chili paste, hot sauce or sweet and spicy sauce if desired.
How to Make This Recipe
Below are step-by-step instructions for how to cook this recipe. The recipe card at the bottom shows the exact cooking time and temperatures.
- Season cauliflower with salt, pepper and olive oil
- Miix together the bang bang sauce and set it aside.
- After the cauliflower is done cooking, mix it with some sauce. I would start with 3 tablespoon to ¼ cup and then add as desired!
- Serve immediately for avoid them getting too soggy.
- Toss with Panko breadcrumbs (or almond flour for keto) before air frying for a crispy version.
- Can be made in the oven by lining a sheet pan with parchment paper and layering seasoned and oiled cauliflower in a single layer. Bake at 425F for 15-20 minutes.
- After air fried, toss cauliflower with glaze and then air fry for 1-2 minutes for texture.
- I do not recommend these for a make ahead recipe as eaten them reheated can result in them being too soggy. No leftovers here, I recommend eating them the same day you make them.
- Top with green onions, cilantro or sesame seeds and use extra sauce for dipping.
This sauce is traditionally made with mayonnaise (we used creamy avocado mayo), Thai Chili sauce, Sriracha and rice vinegar.
You could also try sweet and spicy sauce if you prefer.
It is great eaten alone as a side dish or appetizer or you can pair it with rice, broccoli, chicken or shrimp for a full main dish with delicious Asian flavors.
I would stick to florets and frozen tends to get too soggy.
If you've made this recipe, would you please leave a star rating and comment below on the recipe card? If you want more simple + delicious eats, please subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for the latest updates.
Bang Bang Cauliflower - Air Fryer Recipe
Air Fryer Cauliflower Ingredients
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt + pepper to taste
Bang Bang Sauce Ingredients
- ½ cup Primal Kitchen Avocado Mayo
- 2 tablespoon sweet Thai chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
Air Fryer Cauliflower Instructions
- Drizzle olive oil onto cauliflower. Season with salt + pepper.
- Place into air fryer sprayed with coconut oil cooking spray. Cook at 400F for 10 minutes, shaking at 5 minutes.
Bang Bang Sauce Instructions
- While cauliflower is in the air fryer, combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Once cauliflower is cooked, add to a bowl along with bang bang sauce. Add bang bang sauce by tablespoon starting with 3-5 then adding in more as desired. Serve immediately.