Instant Pot Hamburger Helper is an easy weeknight meal your family will love! Made with ground turkey, cheese, noodles and spices, this instant pot beef pasta will be a weeknight dinner winner!
Instant Pot Hamburger Helper
One of my favorite kind of recipes are those that take a classic comfort food and turn it on it’s head! A lot of times (for me anyway) happens when something that is super processed, boxed, etc can be made at home!
So you may be like me and have wondered, can you make hamburger helper in the instant pot? Why yes, instant pot hamburger helper can be done in fact its way better than the cheeseburger macaroni that you may have grown up with.
Less than 10 ingredients, all of which you can pronounce make up this healthy hamburger helper! Homemade, cozy and family friendly – what could make a better easy weeknight dinner?
When my kids eat it and tell me how good it is, I know it’s a winner. Read on my friends!
Ingredients – What You Need To Make Instant Pot Beef Pasta
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- Shredded Cheese: I like the mild cheddar, Monterey Jack mix for this recipe.
- Sturdy Pasta: Pasta like shells, rigatoni or penne will hold up well in the Instant Pot.
- Meat: I used ground turkey for this recipe but ground beef would work well also.
- Salt and Pepper
- Spices: 1 tsp each of mustard powder, paprika, onion powder and garlic powder.
🔪 Instructions – How To Make Healthy Hamburger Helper
Here is how you make it:
1. Cook the Meat
Using the saute mode, drizzle olive oil onto the Instant Pot. Add ground beef or turkey, salt and pepper and other seasonings.
Cook beef until done. Remove meat to a side bowl.
2. Cook the Pasta
Cancel saute mode and add 16 ounces of sturdy pasta to the pot. Add four cups of water and cook on manual for 4 minutes.
Once the cooking cycle completes, carefully quick release and stir noodles.
3. Add in Remaining Ingredients
Add in butter and stir until well incorporated. Place meat back into pot.
Add cheese and stir gently. Add milk as needed for a smooth, creamy consistency.
4. Season and Serve
Season pasta with salt and pepper and additional seasoning if desired. Serve hot.
💭 Helpful Tips for Making Instant Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni
How to make instant pot beef pasta ahead – This recipe is great to make for an few days (or a big family!) When you make this cheeseburger mac ahead, add in a bit of milk when you reheat it for leftovers.
One step you can prep head for this recipe is the meat. To cut down on one step, you can cook the meat in a skillet the day before.
You can cook raw hamburger in the instant pot using the saute mode or you can reheat the cooked meat and add it once the pasta noodles are cooked.
What can you fix with Hamburger Helper? The only thing I think this recipe is missing is a few veggies! Feel free to add those in (I think broccoli would be amazing in this recipe!) Here are a few delicious veggies I think would be a great side dish:
Other Healthy Instant Pot Recipes You’ll Love!
Here are a few other of my favorite healthy instant pot recipes:
Instant Pot Hamburger Helper
- 2 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar Monterey Jack or combination
- 16 ounces sturdy pasta i.e. shells rigatoni or penne
- 1 pound ground turkey can substitute ground beef also
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp butter cut into small cubes
- 1 tsp each of mustard powder paprika, onion powder and garlic powder
- Using the saute mode, drizzle olive oil into the Instant Pot. Add ground beef or turkey, salt and pepper and other seasonings.
- Cook beef until done, breaking up meat and moving frequently. Once cooked, remove meat to a side bowl.
- Cancel saute mode and add 16 ounces of sturdy pasta to the pot. Add four cups of water and cook on manual for 4 minutes.
- Once the cooking cycle completes, carefully quick release and stir noodles.
- Add in butter and stir until well incorporated. Place meat back into pot.
- Add cheese and stir gently. Add milk as needed for a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Season pasta with salt and pepper and additional seasoning if desired. Serve hot.