Instant Pot Soup Recipe - Tomato Basil Chicken & Quinoa Soup
This instant pot soup recipe takes ingredients from your fridge and pantry and makes it into a healthy weeknight meal in no time! If you're looking to find a budget-friendly, healthy meal that is freezer-friendly, this soup is for you!
This recipe is super easy and can be made using ingredients you already have on hand at home! By doing a quick inventory of what you have on hand, you can make this instant pot soup recipe in a jif!
Here is what you need to make a quick soup right from the items in your fridge or pantry!
- A protein (chicken, turkey, beef, or lentils work great!)
- Veggies (chop up whatever you have on hand)
- A grain or starchy vegetable (rice, quinoa, barley, whole wheat pasta or potatoes)
- Liquid (Broth or canned tomatoes)
Tomato, Basil Chicken & Quinoa Instant Pot Soup Recipe
Start with a combination of what you have on hand! I had rotisserie chicken, canned tomatoes, onions, spices, basil paste and chicken broth. If I had extra spinach on hand, I would have thrown that in as well!
Cook the soup on using the "soup" function for seven minutes. If your meat is not cooked (mine was) you will need to adjust. Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then use the release valve for the remainder.
Italian Chicken & Quinoa Soup
- 1 32 oz carton low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 16 oz cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 medium onion slicked
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 16 oz rotisserie chicken shredded
- 2 TB basil paste
- 2 teaspoon garlic minced
- Add all ingredients to Instant Pot. Cook on soup setting for 7 minutes. Release naturally for 10 minutes and then use release valve for remainder. Serve immediately.
I share tons of healthy meal ideas on Pinterest! Follow me on Pinterest!
A Few Other Favorite Momma Fit Lyndsey Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Sandwich
- Instant Pot Gumbo