Instant Pot Carne Asada is easy and quick to make for delicious instant pot street tacos or instant pot steak nachos. Just a few simple ingredients make this carne asada recipe Whole30 and Keto compliant.
What is it about steak tacos that make them so good, like beyond Taco Tuesday good?
Could be the tender beef, could be the smoky flavors, or the fresh toppings. Or, it could be the combination!
I’m pretty sure that Mexican food is my favorite. Mexican flavors and textures are the best. Spices, cilantro, smokiness – I love it all!
That is one thing that makes this instant pot street taco recipe so darn good. The steak is so tender, juicy and delicious!
What You Need to Make Instant Pot Steak Street Tacos
These pressure cooker carne asada tacos are simple to make! You only need a few items to make them:
- a instant pot, multi cooker or pressure cooker
- flank, skirt or sirloin steak
- Everything But the Elote Seasoning – or Whole30 Taco seasoning if making Keto tacos or Whole30 tacos
- Avocado Oil
Other Momma Fit Lyndsey Healthy Mexican Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
- Chili Lime Air Fryer Shrimp
- Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos
- Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Walking Taco Casserole
Frequently Asked Questions About How to Make Instant Pot Carne Asada
What cut of meat is carne asada?
Carne asada is made from flank steak. Generally, carne asada is flank or skirt steak cut into long strips.
What is a carne asada taco?
Carne asada tacos are also called street tacos. Street tacos are small tacos that are meant to fit in your hand. They are best served on corn tortillas with a few simple toppings.
How can I make instant pot carne asada Whole30? How can I make it keto?
To make Whole30 carne asada you will need to swap out Everything But the Elote seasoning for an alternative. One great choice would be Primal Palate Taco Seasoning.
Can I use this instant pot steak recipe for any other dishes?
Yes, this carne asada recipe is super versatile and can be used in a variety of recipes! A few ideas would be:
- Instant pot steak nachos aka carne asada nachos
- street taco burritos
- carne asada steak salads
- street taco rice bowls
What should I use to top street tacos?
My favorite toppings for street tacos are simple! Salsa, cheese, avocado and cilantro are delicious toppings for a simple carne asada taco.
Try my 4 ingredient guacamole to top these tacos!
What should I serve with instant pot steak tacos?
One of the best things about street tacos are they are a meal in and of themselves! If you’d like a side dish, cilantro lime rice, Mexican Street corn salad or black beans would be excellent side dishes for street tacos.
Follow Me On Social Media!
Did You Like This Instant Pot Carne Asada Recipe? Share It On Instagram And Tag Me @Mommafitlyndsey
How to Make Instant Pot Carne Asada
Instant Pot Carne Asada is a healthy Mexican dinner that is simple to make, family friendly and delicious!
Instant Pot Carne Asada
- 2 lbs flank or skirt steak
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- 1 ½ tablespoon avocado oil
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- Elote seasoning to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cut two pounds of skirt, flank or sirloin steak into smaller pieces. Season with salt + pepper.
- Turn Instant Pot saute mode on. Once it reads "hot", add avocado oil and steak. Cook steak until desired doneness (approximately 2-3 minutes per side for medium.
- Mix in 1 cup fresh salsa and ¼ cup cilantro. Season with Everything But the Elote Seasoning (swap for taco seasoning if Whole30 or Keto).