This Aldi meal plan gives you 5 days of healthy family meals your family will love. Get your free printable meal plan and shopping list for my Aldi healthy meal plan below!
Aldi Weekly Meal Plan
It seems like December rolls around and I make it a goal to focus on decreasing my food budget. In fact, last year I shared my grocery list ideas for January which included all of our meals for the month.
One of the more popular stores for people looking to eat healthy on a budget is Aldi.
If you’ve never shopped at Aldi before, here is a quick overview. Aldi is mainly store-branded items with a few branded items scattered amongst the aisles.
With their self-proclaimed “no frills” approach, Aldi merchandises items in large boxes and they focus more on bringing you quality for a great value. Aldi is famous for their quarter cart-borrowing system and pack-it-yourself approach.
Whatever Aldi has decided about no frills, it works for me! I’ve been an Aldi shopper for awhile and love the selection they have for organic and healthy food items.
When I’m looking to reduce grocery bills – Aldi is where I head! Many of my recipes here on my blog can be made using products you can pick up at Aldi.
This blog post is going to give you specific meals and recipes for 5 days using products you can pick up at Aldi or already have on hand at home.
5 Day Aldi Weekly Meal Plan
I created this meal plan to be five days, instead of 7 days because I really feel like small meal planning goals are what helps to create a long term habit. In addition to stocking a healthy pantry and freezer, not planning too far in advance can help you to succeed in meal planning basics and really begin to save money on groceries!
This meal plan gives you three balanced meals per day with a family-friendly dinner each night. Dinner recipes include servings for up to four adults while lunch and breakfast are meant for two adults.
This meal plan is meant to be the most realistic as possible and I can do that with my own experience knowing that my kids generally do not eat what I do for breakfast and lunch. We do eat the same dinner so that is included here.
5 Day Aldi Meal Plan
Breakfast: Alternate choices each day; servings in recipe will cover 2 adults for five days.
- Vanilla Almond Granola with Berries and Greek Yogurt
- Sweet Potato Hash Egg Muffins
Lunch: Double both recipes for 2 adults for five days.
- Monday: Tuna Salad with Greek Yogurt
- Tuesday: Monday dinner leftovers
- Wednesday: Quinoa Detox Salad
- Thursday: Tuna Salad with Greek Yogurt
- Friday: Quinoa Detox Salad
Dinner: Recipes will cover four adult portions per recipes excluding Monday which will provide 6 (save these portions for lunch leftovers)
- Monday: Grandma’s Meatloaf with Blistered Green Beans
- Tuesday: Walking Taco Casserole
- Wednesday: Honey Garlic Crockpot Chicken Thighs
- Thursday: Mediterranean Chicken
- Friday: Italian Crockpot Meatballs with Pasta
Pick 1-2 snacks per day from this list or from any healthy snack items you find at Aldi:
- Raw Veggies with Hummus, Simply Nature Salsa or Guacamole
- Snack Selects Cheese, Cranberry + Nut Packs
- Italian Recipe Snack Trays
- Cauliflower or Butternut SquashCrackers
- Vegetable Chips
- Trail Mix or Mixed Nut Packets
- Beef Jerky
- Elevation Pure + Simple Bars
- Fresh Fruit + Almond or Peanut Butter
More Helpful Articles to Help You Eat Healthy on a Budget
What are your best grocery budget secrets? Tell me about it in the comments!