Whole30 Mashed Potatoes made with organic Yukon gold potatoes, coconut cream, garlic and ranch seasoning are so tasty and hearty, you won’t believe they are healthy mashed potatoes!
If you’ve ever done a Whole30 then you know that there are some recipes that you try during Whole30 that are just so go, you have to keep them in regular rotation once your Whole30 comes to completion! Whole30 Mashed Potatoes are in the category of recipes so good, how can they actually be called healthy mashed potatoes?
Need Help in Getting Started with Whole30? Here are a few of my articles that will help your Whole30 succeed!
How to Make Whole30 Mashed Potatoes
I’ve found that many of the healthiest recipes are those with the most simple ingredients! This recipe is no exception.
Here are the few ingredients you need to make one of the best whole30 potato recipes you’ll find!
- Organic Yukon Gold potatoes
- Whole30 compliant ranch seasoning – I used Balanced Bites Ranch Seasoning
- Full fat coconut milk
- Ghee – I used Fourth & Heart’s Himalayan Pink Salt Ghee
- Salt + Pepper
Here are a few tips to make the best paleo mashed potatoes out there!
Potato choice is important – the best potatoes to use for mashed potatoes are Yukon Gold potatoes or Idaho russet potatoes because they hold up well and will give you great consistency.
Seasoning makes all the difference – the seasoning of these potatoes is taken to the next level from regular potatoes to garlic ranch mashed potatoes with the use of ranch seasoning and fresh garlic. I highly recommend grating the garlic over mincing as it will product a more bold and complex garlic flavor.
To ghee or not to ghee – Since butter is non-Whole30 compliant, the best option for creating a buttery taste and texture is to use ghee. Ghee can tend to be gritty so melting it might be a good option if you aren’t a fan of the texture.
You may also want to consider skipping out on the ghee if it’s not your thing. Ghee has a slightly different flavor that traditional butter, the choice is up to you!
More milk = more creamy – This recipe calls for one cup of coconut milk but you may need to add more as you mix the potatoes. Depending on your texture preference you may add up to a half of a cup more to get that creamy mashed potato consistency.
These healthy mashed potatoes are a must at your holiday table! They pair perfectly with Air Fryer Turkey Breast or your favorite holiday meal.
Your guests will have no idea that these garlic ranch potatoes are actually good for them!
More Whole30 Side Dish Recipes from Momma Fit Lyndsey!
- Whole30 Potato Salad
- Air Fryer Hash Browns
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Crispy Air Fryer Broccoli
- Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- Air Fryer Asparagus
Follow Me On Social Media!
Like This Whole30 Mashed Potatoes Recipe? Give It A Try And Share It On Instagram! Tag Me @Mommafitlyndsey!
Whole30 Mashed Potatoes
- 3 pounds organic Yukon Gold potatoes washed, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning Whole30 compliant
- 1-1.5 cups coconut milk full fat
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork. Drain potatoes in a colander and place in a large bowl.
- Add ghee, garlic and 1 cup of coconut milk into bowl. Use a hand mixer to mix potatoes until smooth. Add in additional ½ cup of coconut milk if needed. Taste with a clean spoon and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot and with additional ghee on top if desired.