Looking for some vegetarian side dishes for Thanksgiving? I've rounded up my Top 10 best veggie side dishes for your vegetarian guests or veggie lovers! These easy side dishes are perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter or any holiday or dinner! Lots of variety to get your veggies in!
This post may contain paid links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer.
Whether you need veggie side ideas to go with your weeknight casserole or you just want to make Thanksgiving dinner out of sides, these 10 vegetarian side dishes for Thanksgiving will be a main course in and of themselves!
Healthy recipes like corn casserole, sweet potato casserole, veggie sides like roasted carrots and mashed potatoes will keep the hungriest eaters full and satisfied! You can eat these with or without turkey or even try with chicken.
Many of these you can make ahead making your holiday prep that much easier. They are also recipes you can freeze so you can enjoy the holidays even after they are over!
Only 5 ingredients in one of the cozies vegetarian side dishes for Thanksgiving!
Just a few simple ingredients and a delicious spin on traditional green bean recipes.
These carrots are so simple yet so flavorful!
Move over bland brussels sprouts, this recipe is bursting with flavor and crisp texture!
You will have no idea that these creamy and delicious mashed potatoes are dairy free!
If you're looking for a lower carb or more keto friendly side dish, try replacing half of the potatoes with cauliflower.
A non traditional side dish that is bursting with flavor!
If you like your veggies hot & spicy, this is the side for you!
AIR FRYER ASPARAGUS
Bust out the Air Fryer you bought on Black Friday for this insanely easy and quick side dish!
An insanely easy recipe that makes the crispiest broccoli out there!
Maybe you aren't in need of vegetarian side dishes for Thanksgiving but you just want to up the amount of veggies for your meal so you are looking for a good vegetable to serve with turkey! Traditionally green beans and mashed potatoes are two of my favorites sides to serve with turkey.
For even more veggie power, consider brussels sprouts, roasted carrots, asparagus or broccoli.
Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drizzle trimmed & halved brussel sprouts with olive oil. Stir in garlic.
- Salt & pepper to taste and add to a baking sheet.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Flip brussel sprouts . Roast for an additional 10-15 minutes or until desired doneness. Add cheese and use broiler function for last 5 minutes.
- For crispier brussels sprouts slice them into fourths rather than half.
- Feel free to add more Parmesan. If you are looking for a super cheesy recipe, definitely use more than the recipe calls for.
- Larger sprouts may take more time in the oven and smaller ones may roast up faster.
- To get perfectly browned garlic parmesan brussel sprouts make sure they are turned cut-side down for the first roasting.
- Cut down on prep time by using pre-sliced and pre-washed sprouts.
- Spread brussels sprouts in a single layer and be sure to use enough oil to ensure even cooking and crispness.
- Storage: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheating: Reheat leftovers under the broiler or in the air fryer until heated through. If you choose to microwave them they will not be crispy.
- Make Ahead: You can follow the prep steps and store the ingredients in the fridge in an airtight container until you are ready to roast them.