Dairy free cinnamon rolls are fluffy, delicious and taste just like classic cinnamon rolls! Just enough sweetness and hot from the oven these gooey cinnamon rolls are the perfect brunch treat!
Is it possible to make a cinnamon roll that is so delicious and tastes just like Cinnabon but is actually made with better ingredients?
Yes, the answer is yes! Dairy free cinnamon rolls are fluffy, ooey-gooey and delicious.
With just the right amount of sweetness, these healthy cinnamon rolls will be the perfect addition to your Christmas morning or weekend brunch spread!
My husband absolutely loves cinnamon rolls. His favorite are a toss up between the giant ones you get from a bakery and the refrigerated ones that come in a can.
I wanted to give homemade cinnamon rolls a try with some of ingredients that I enjoy baking with.
This homemade cinnamon roll recipe is surprisingly easy. You can have fluffy and delicious cinnamon rolls in less than 90 minutes.
These easy cinnamon rolls are also great to make ahead! Christmas morning will never be the same once you pop these delicious babies into the oven!
What Makes These Healthy Cinnamon Rolls taste so good?
Using a few ingredients swaps, I was able to make dairy free cinnamon rolls that taste just like the real thing. They even have a dairy free glaze that tastes amazing on top!
Here are the ingredients swaps for the cinnamon rolls:
- almond milk for dairy milk (I used Califia coconut almond milk blend)
- coconut oil for margarine
- coconut sugar for white sugar
- brown sugar blend or coconut sugar for brown sugar (I used Truvia Brown Sugar Blend)
If you want to make gluten free cinnamon rolls you can also swap out all purpose flour for gluten free 1-1 flour. I had King Arthur All purpose flour on hand and it turned out great.
Both Bob's Red Mill and King Arthur make fabulous gluten free baking flours that I've had success with in other baking recipes.
I get many of my healthy baking ingredients delivered direct to me using Thrive Market. I love being able to get things delivered fast to my home!
You can get each of the ingredients you’ll need for this and more of my healthy treat recipes at Thrive Market. Get $20 in shopping credit when you sign up for Thrive Market!
The swaps for the dairy free cinnamon roll icing were:
- powdered monk fruit sweetener for powdered sugar
- coconut oil for butter
- almond milk for milk
How to Make Easy Dairy Free Cinnamon Rolls in less than 90 Minutes!
These easy cinnamon rolls are simple to prep ahead of time for brunch and are a great addition to your Christmas brunch table!
To begin heat your almond milk in a small sauce pan until bubbling. Mix in coconut oil and allow to cool.
Then, combine the dry ingredients followed by adding in the water egg and almond milk mixture. Your cinnamon roll dough is ready to be kneaded when it pulls together.
Knead for about five minutes and then let rise for ten minutes while you prepare the sugary deliciousness that goes inside!
Once you roll out the dough, you douse it with a good healthy serving of cinnamon sugar mixed with coconut oil. Roll up the dough and use dental floss or scissors to easily cut clean slices.
Place the rolls in a baking dish, cover and allow the muffins to double in size (about 30 minutes). Once risen, the cinnamon rolls take about 20 minutes to bake. Top with glaze and let the melty deliciousness make your day!
You can easily make this quick cinnamon roll recipe ahead of time. Just prep the dough through the rolling stage and then cover in plastic wrap and set in the fridge.
Here are a few more delicious brunch breads and muffins to add to your brunch table!
- Carrot Cake Breakfast Bread
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Pumpkin Muffins
- Gluten Free Banana Bread
- Almond Flour Banana Muffins
- Blueberry Muffins with Crumb Topping
Follow Me On Social Media!
Like This Recipe For Dairy Free Cinnamon Rolls? Give It A Try And Share It On Instagram! Tag Me @Mommafitlyndsey!
Dairy Free Cinnamon Rolls
Cinnamon Rolls Ingredients
- .25 ounce yeast
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup coconut oil softened
- 3 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¾ cup almond coconut milk
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup Truvia brown sugar blend or 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut oil melted
Cinnamon Roll Glaze Ingredients
- 1 cup powdered monk fruit sugar
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 tablespoon almond milk
Cinnamon Roll Instructions
- Place yeast into a mixing bowl and mix together with water. Cover with a kitchen towle and allow to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes. The yeast mixture should be bubbly.
- Heat almond milk in a saucepan until it bubbles and then remove it from the heat. Add coconut oil and stir until mixture is incorporate. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Mix yeast mixture with 2 ¼ cup flour, coconut sugar and salt and mix well. Add egg and milk/oil mixture along with the remaining flour, ½ cup at a time. Once the dough is incorporated and pulling together into a ball, place it on a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth (approximately 5 minutes).
- Cover the dough with a kitchen towel or damp paper towel and allow to rest for ten minutes. Mix coconut sugar or brown sugar blend, cinnamon and coconut oil in a small bowl.
- Roll the dough out into a long rectangular shape, about 12 inches on the long side. Spread the coconut oil, sugar and cinnamon mixture onto the dough and roll up the dough. Cut the ends off to create a clean line if desired. Cut 12 equal slices using either kitchen shears or dental floss. Place rolls into a baking dish sprayed with coconut oil spray. Cover and allow to rise for about 30 minutes (cinnamon rolls should double in size).
- Preheat oven to 375F and bake muffins for 20 minutes or until brown and bubbly. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before adding glaze.
Cinnamon Roll Glaze Instructions
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Add a dollop over cinnamon rolls and spread using a knife.