If you are craving the flavors of fall, these 25 healthy apple desserts will use fresh apples to make cakes, muffins, pies and bars of all kinds! Many of these recipes are gluten free and vegan along with be super easy to make!
This post may contain paid links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer.
With Fuji, Pink Lady, McIntosh, Golden Delicious, Red Delicious, and Honey Crisp all in season, now is the time to make these healthy apple desserts.
This healthy pie with cinnamon filling, dutch crumble and a delicious shortbread crust. This lightened up version is a vegan, dairy free and gluten free spin on the traditional recipe.
One of the most versatile healthy apple desserts that can double as breakfast or a snack!
These fruit nachos are a delicious gluten free, dairy free and healthy snack for kids, teens and adults!
One of the quickest healthy apple desserts than can be made in less than 5 minutes in a mug!
Healthy apple crisp made with whole grain oat granola is a no refined sugar spin on the traditional fall dessert. Made with no butter and without brown sugar.
ThIs delicious dessert tastes just like a warm pie, but they come together in 15 minutes on the stovetop!
Breakfast or dessert, these lightly sweetened and cinnamony donuts will quench your fall flavor cravings!
Cobbler is one of the healthy apple recipes that you can make at home with simple ingredients and without spending too much time in the kitchen.
These crisp bars are the perfect mix between crisp and pie! They feature a buttery shortbread crust, gooey cinnamon filling, and are made with oats for the topping.
Dive into fall with these healthy baked chips with cashew cinnamon dip.
One of the most hearty healthy apple desserts with delicious walnuts!
Enjoy this easy vegan galette that is sweet, crispy, and naturally juicy.
Breakfast or dessert, this whole wheat coffee cake is another one of the most versatile healthy apple desserts you will absolutely love!
Cool down with this naturally sweet treat.
Break out the air fryer to make this super quick, easy and fall-flavored dessert.
This Vegan Cinnamon Bundt Cake is soft and moist yet light and airy - the best of both worlds!
These muffins combine whole wheat flour (or spelt flour), apples, applesauce, and warm fall spices topped off with a crunchy cinnamon sugar topping for perfectly fluffy, moist seasonal healthy muffins.
The best healthy apple desserts are those served with ice cream! This vegan crumble is the perfect recipe for that combo.
These super soft, moist, and healthy Chai Bars are full of warm, cozy, and delightful fall flavors!
This super easy Homemade Stovetop Applesauce is made with 5 ingredients only and will be ready in less than an hour.
This easy, cozy recipe will warm your home and fill it with sweet smelling goodness.
Nuts like almonds, walnuts and pecans are a great combination in any of these healthy apple desserts.
If you have a ton on hand, applesauce or apple butter are a great way to use them up. Especially if some of them have bruises or are starting to go bad, these two recipes are great for that.
Any of these healthy apple desserts will be a great use to use a ton of apples.
Healthy Apple Pie
APPLE FILLING LAYER INGREDIENTS
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8X8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Mix together crust ingredients. Press into baking dish and use a measuring cup to flatten and smooth top. Bake for 15 minutes.
APPLE PIE FILLING INSTRUCTIONS
- While crust is baking mix together apple pie filling ingredients and set aside.
STREUSEL TOPPING INSTRUCTIONS
- Mix together dry ingredients. Add in wet ingredients and coconut oil. Mix until texture resembles sand.
ASSEMBLY + FINAL BAKING INSTRUCTIONS
- Once crust is done add apple pie filling and spread evenly. Press down lightly to make a uniform surface.
- Add streusel topping and press down lightly into apple pie filling. Create a uniform surface.
- Bake at 350F for 25-35 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- To serve cold allow to cool completely and then refrigerate overnight before cutting.
- Alternatively, serve deconstructed and warm from the oven topped with vanilla iced cream.
- Storage: Store covered with foil in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Freezer: Bake pie in a disposable pie tin and then once cooled, cover and freeze un-cut pie in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
- For clean pie slices: To cut into traditional pie slices it is best to chill pie in the refrigerator for a few hours before cutting. If you want to serve it warm with vanilla ice cream, warm up individual slices in the microwave.
- For deconstructed: For a warm, deconstructed version scoop out into a bowl and top with vanilla ice cream.
- Be sure to allow apples to sit in the lemon juice mixture for 20-30 minutes and use a slotted spoon to remove the liquid prior to mixing filling.
- If top is starting to brown prior to bake time being done, cover with foil and move to a lower level of the oven.