Fall dinners are super easy with these 25 easy and Healthy Crockpot Chicken Recipes! All of these slow cooker recipes are quick to meal prep and dinners that your whole family will enjoy. Make one of these delicious meals for busy days!
This post may contain paid links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer.
Is it healthy to cook chicken in a crockpot?
The slow cooker is one of the best convenience appliances for making meal prep easy. You can throw together all of your ingredients the night before and cook it in the morning.
Each of these recipes is great for busy weeknights and perfect to make for chilly fall dinners.
Although cooking time will vary from recipe to recipe, I find that the few minutes of prep to make these easy meals is worth it!
Many of these recipes serve as a great protein base for a healthy meal. You can eat them as is, or serve them with cauliflower rice, brown rice, white rice, black beans,
An easy dinner full of creamy sauce (thanks to sour cream or Greek yogurt) and pasta noodles.
Use skinless chicken breasts in this delicious dinner.
Add in some red pepper or hot sauce for a spicy version of this one-pot meal.
Cook the pasta right in the slow cooker!
The best part about this recipe is that the entire meal is cooked in one pot!
Crockpot chicken fajitas are a classic Taco Tuesday recipe that makes dinner time a breeze!
A versatile and delicious meal with 37 grams of protein per serving!
This recipe has only 6 ingredients and minimal prep making it one of the best healthy recipes to make!
Creamy and sweet sauce you will swear is from a restaurant!
The best part about this recipe? It's even better than takeout!
A simple Italian dinner that is easy enough for a weeknight meal or fancy enough to serve for a family dinner.
A delicious Mexican crock pot meal full of flavor!
Easy to make with just a few simple ingredients.
The easy homemade BBQ sauce is beyond delicious!
Make this easy recipe year-round for dinner.
Forget takeout! This sticky chicken will satisfy all of your cravings.
Bold flavors and simple ingredients your family will love.
This slow cooker chicken breast recipe is full of extra flavor!
This one pot chicken recipe will give you plenty of meals!
Light, flavorful, and perfect for an easy meal.
This recipe freezes well and is perfect for meal prep!
Expert Tips for Making Healthy Crockpot Chicken Recipes
Here are my top 3 tips for making chicken slow cooker meals:
- Keep chicken from drying out in the crockpot by not overcooking it. Generally, chicken will cook in 3-4 hours on low, not on high.
- Use an instant-read thermometer to gauge the internal temp of chicken to 165F. Turn off the crockpot and serve once it is cooked.
- Chicken thighs are the best chicken to make in a crockpot or slow cooker. Boneless skinless chicken thighs are the juiciest and most tender meat with the most moisture and flavor.
FAQs about Cooking Chicken in the Crockpot
Frozen chicken should not be put in a crockpot or slow cooker. Chicken should be defrosted before slow cooking.
You can use frozen chicken when making pressure cooker or instant pot chicken because it brings the chicken to a safe temperature quickly.
You can put raw meat directly into the crockpot. Slow cookers are made to cook raw meat.
Browning the meat is not required, however it does help to seal in moisture and flavor during cooking.
Cook time will depend on the thickness of the meat. Generally raw chicken will cook in 3 to 4 hours in the crockpot.
Use an instant-read thermometer to accurately gauge the internal temperature of cooked chicken to 165F.
Some kind of liquid needs to be added to cooking chicken in the crockpot. Select water, chicken broth, lemon juice, olive oil, or butter to ensure the chicken cooks properly and does not dry out.
Chicken should be cooked on low in a slow cooker for optimal flavor, texture, and taste.
Crock Pot Chicken Spaghetti
- 1 Slow Cooker or Crock Pot
- Add soup, chicken broth, diced tomatoes and ¾ block Neufchatel cheese to the slow cooker and stir gently.
- Place chicken on top of sauce mixture.
- Season chicken with either Everything Bagel seasoning or a ranch packet.
- Allow chicken to cook on low for 2 hours and then high for 1 hour (or 4 hours on low). Remove to a bowl and shred using two forks or a hand mixer.
- Use an immersion blender to make the sauce smooth and creamy. If you've used a slow cooker liner, be careful not to get too close to the bottom or sides to ensure you don't rip it. Return the shredded chicken to the pot and stir.
- Add cooked spaghetti to the pot and stir to combine.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Return lid to slow cooker and allow cheese to melt. Keep on warm until ready to serve.
- Use a slow cooker liner for easier clean up. Be sure to shred the chicken outside of the slow cooker so you do not rip the liner.
- Use an immersion blender to remove all chunks from the sauce and make it totally smooth. This is also a great opportunity to add in some spinach for a little hidden veggie action!
- For a keto version serve over zucchini noodles.
- Serving: Add some crushed tortilla chips on top for serving.
- Make Ahead: This crock pot chicken spaghetti is one of the best make ahead freezer meals. You can make it ahead up to 4 days in advance.
- Storage: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up 3 days.
- Freezer: Recipe can be made or unmade and then stored in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
- Reheating: This recipe is one of those ones that may actually have even better flavor once reheated! You can reheat in the microwave in increments of 60 seconds. If making straight from frozen allow to defrost in the refrigerator overnight before making.