This buffalo chicken dip recipe without cream cheese is the best simple, delicious, and easy appetizer your game day crowd will love! This Greek yogurt buffalo chicken dip has 29 grams of protein per serving! Oven and slow cooker Crock Pot instructions included!
This post may contain paid links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer.
- Why You'll Love This Greek Yogurt Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Ingredients You Need to Make This Recipe
- How to Make This Recipe
- What to Eat with Buffalo Chicken Dip
- What to Do with Leftover Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Expert Tips for Success
- Other Helpful Recipe FAQS
- Other Favorite Appetizer Recipes for Your Next Party!
- Greek Yogurt Buffalo Chicken Dip without Cream Cheese
Why You'll Love This Greek Yogurt Buffalo Chicken Dip
Here are the top 5 reasons you need to make this healthy buffalo chicken dip with Greek yogurt:
- Easy recipe and delicious to eat hot or as cold buffalo chicken dip!
- Keto and low-carb appetizer that can be made dairy-free!
- Greek yogurt buffalo chicken dip is high in protein with 29 grams per serving!
- 5 simple ingredients - no cream cheese in this easy dip recipe!
- Serve this buffalo dip recipe for many occasions like Thanksgiving appetizers, Christmas parties, tailgates during football season, potlucks, or the Super Bowl!
Ingredients You Need to Make This Recipe
Here are the ingredients you need to make this recipe. Reference the recipe card at the bottom for exact measurements and the notes below for substitution ideas.
Plain full-fat Greek yogurt and full-fat cottage cheese are blended to create a creamy and smooth base for this recipe. Use sour cream in place of plain Greek yogurt.
Shredded cheddar cheese, Colby Jack cheese, pepper jack cheese, or mozzarella cheese helps to bump up the creamy and cheesy texture.
Stir in half a packet of Ranch dressing mix like Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing for additional zesty flavor.
Top with fresh herbs like chopped chives, cilantro, or parsley for a burst of fresh flavor. Green onions also make a great topping for Greek yogurt buffalo chicken dip.
How to Make This Recipe
Below are step-by-step instructions for how to cook this recipe. The recipe card at the bottom shows the exact cooking time and temperatures.
In a food processor, process Greek yogurt and cottage cheese until smooth. Spoon into a large bowl.
Add the buffalo wing sauce, ranch seasoning, cooked chicken, and ranch dressing mix to the bowl.
Stir until well combined.
Spoon the mixture into a baking or casserole dish, or pie plate sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until the dip bubbles. Place under broiler for a minute to crisp the top (but be sure to watch it closely!)
What to Eat with Buffalo Chicken Dip
Sturdy and crunchy veggies like celery sticks, bell peppers, and cucumbers are a low-carb choice for dipping into this dip. Carrot sticks are also delicious.
Tortilla chips are my go-to for dips and these Siete tortilla chips are my favorite chips for dipping into this dip.
Whole grain tortilla chips, pita chips, lentil chips, or baked chips are also great chips to serve with this dip.
Add toppings like blue cheese crumbles, a drizzle of ranch dressing or buffalo sauce, or bacon bits for even more flavor.
What to Do with Leftover Buffalo Chicken Dip
When I have leftovers I eat buffalo chicken dip cold with veggies for lunch the next day!
Make a buffalo chicken salad wrap by substituting leftover buffalo chicken dip for pesto chicken for a quick and easy lunch.
You can also reheat this recipe! Reheat leftovers in the oven at 350F for 10 minutes or more or until heated through.
How Long is Buffalo Chicken Dip Good For?
Store leftover dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Expert Tips for Success
Follow the recipe card exactly for the best results.
Use cooking spray, parchment paper, or foil to line your baking dish and make cleanup easier.
Blend or use a food processor to make the cheese mixture super creamy.
For a less spicy version, reduce the amount of Frank's Red Hot Sauce to two tablespoons. Increase the amount of hot sauce for a spicy version or opt for BBQ sauce for a smoky version.
Make it up to 1 day in advance and bake the day of your event.
Other Helpful Recipe FAQS
Yes. Store it in a freezer-safe container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Note that the dip may become slightly watery if not sealed properly, so store it well-covered.
Allow the dip to defrost in the refrigerator before baking.
Make this recipe dairy-free but using dairy-free yogurt, cheese, and cottage cheese.
Yes, you can make this recipe in the crock pot! Prepare the ingredients in the crock pot up until cooking in the oven.
Once assembled in the slow cooker pot, cook on low for 2-3 hours or until bubbly.
Other Favorite Appetizer Recipes for Your Next Party!
If you've made this recipe, would you please leave a star rating and comment below on the recipe card? If you want more simple + delicious eats, please subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for the latest updates.
Greek Yogurt Buffalo Chicken Dip without Cream Cheese
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- ¼ cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce more or less to taste
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- ½ packet ranch seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray the baking dish with coconut oil spray. Combine Greek yogurt and cottage cheese in a food processor until smooth.½ cup plain Greek yogurt, 8 ounces cottage cheese
- Add the cheese mixture and remaining ingredients to the prepared baking dish.¼ cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce, 2 cups cooked shredded chicken, ½ packet ranch seasoning, 1 cup shredded cheese
- Transfer the dip mixture to an 8X8 Pyrex, pie plate, cast iron, or casserole dish.
- Bake the dip at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until the top is bubbly. Place it under the broiler for a minute to crisp the top (but be sure to watch it closely!) Top with green onions or snipped chives if desired.
Slow Cooker & Crock Pot Instructions
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker pot. Cook on low for 2-3 hours or until bubbly.
- Make Ahead: Can be made ahead up to 1 day in advance and baked the day of.
- Storage: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheating: Reheat leftovers in the oven at 350F for 10 minutes or more or until heated through.
- Creamier Texture: Opt for full fat cream cheese over low fat cream cheese or Neufchatel and plain full fat Greek yogurt for a an even more thick and creamy texture.
- Spice preferences: For a more mild version, reduce the amount of Frank's Red Hot Sauce to ¼ of a cup or two tablespoons. Increase the amount of hot sauce for a spicy version.
- Type of chicken to use: Although I recommend shredded chicken you can really use any leftover chicken you have for this recipe - even grilled chicken, rotisserie chicken, canned or cooked.
- Low carb and healthy dippers: Sturdy and crunchy veggies like celery and cucumbers are great keto and low carb dippers while carrots are the perfect healthy things to eat with this recipe.
- Healthy chips for dipping: Tortilla chips are my go-to for dips and these Siete tortilla chips are my favorite healthy chips for dipping into this dip.
- Toppings: top with blue cheese crumbles, a drizzle of ranch dressing or bacon bits.
- Mix-ins: Make with ranch by mixing in a ranch packet or some bbq sauce for a different flavor.
- In a wrap or on a sandwich: Substitute pesto chicken for this healthy buffalo chicken dip in this wrap for an easy and healthy lunch.