Here are 25 healthy chicken soup recipes that include simple noodle soup, hearty stew and chili recipes with vegetables, soup for colds, heart healthy and creamy recipes. Lots of these recipes are made in the crock pot or slow cooker, Instant Pot or on the stovetop.
- Bone Broth Chicken Soup
- Crock Pot Enchilada
- Creamy Leek
- Corn Soup
- Instant Pot Barley
- Easy Instant Pot Stew
- Chicken And Wild Rice
- Lemon Chicken Orzo
- Cheesy Chicken Potato
- Thai Chicken with Coconut Milk (Tom Kha Gai)
- Buffalo Chicken
- Chicken and Rice
- Eggless Avgolemono
- West African Groundnut Spicy Soup
- Super Easy Spicy Noodle Soup
- Mexican Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortellini Soup
- White Corn Chili
- Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice with Kale
- Corn Chowder
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Three Bean Chicken Soup
- Olive Garden Gnocchi
- Bone Broth Chicken Soup
Many of these recipes are made hearty and delicious by adding in vegetables like spinach or kale, healthy grains like rice, noodles, quinoa or barley and meat like breast meat or thighs, sausage or ground meat.
All of these quick and easy recipes can be made homemade from scratch for a cozy and delicious fall dinner.
Easy to make on the stovetop or in the Instant Pot, this recipe is super delicious for a simple weeknight meal!
Spiked with chilies and brightened with cilantro and a squeeze of lime, this ginger recipe is packed with flavor.
Thrown together in less than 5 minutes, this healthy crock pot enchilada recipe is a hearty one that tastes so good on a busy weeknight.
This leek version is a new family classic.
Mulligatawny is the very definition of comfort food.
This Crockpot Corn version is healthy and flavorful! It's made in the slow cooker with vegetables and a Southwest tomato broth.
This Instant Pot chicken barley is no exception to deliciousness!
This easy Instant Pot stew is a hearty meal that's loaded with tender meat, carrots, potatoes, and green beans in a thick and creamy broth.
Instant Pot Chicken And Wild Rice recipe is a hearty, comforting, and creamy bowl made easy in the Instant Pot with meat, wild rice blend, and lots of vegetables.
It’s a Greek-style noodle version with tender meat, yummy vegetables, and pasta in a savory and bright lemon infused broth.
This healthy one pot Cheesy Chicken Potato Soup with spinach is a creamy potato soup made without cream, thanks to a special technique using the blender.
Thai Soup with Coconut Milk is a fulfilling light, rich and creamy meal! Want to bring the zest back to your dinner table (in under and hour) but need a low carb, keto friendly choice?
If you love the soup you will love this recipe!
This recipe is flavorful, hearty, healthy and it's made in one pot in under an hour!
This amazing Avgolemono has to be one of the best healthy chicken soup recipes ever!
West African Groundnut Spicy recipe is thick, fragrant and comforting stew.
Whether you need to put some leftover rotisserie chicken to good use, are looking to soothe a sore throat or simply craving some healthy and hearty comfort food at the end of a long day, this recipe is sure to hit the spot.
This recipe is tender chunks of meat with vegetables, chiles and potatoes, all in a savory tomato broth.
Looking for a simple and comforting dinner you can quickly whip up on a cold winter night?
White Corn Chili is made with white corn, shredded meat, fresh cilantro and warm spices.
This creamy recipe is loaded with fresh veggies like carrots, kale, and crispy mushrooms! It's the perfect hearty soup for those cold winter nights!
One of the most flavorful and fresh soups!
This Pot Pie Soup has all of the comforts of classic pot pie converted into a warm and cozy bowl!
Three Bean recipe gets the party started with great flavor and soothing comfort!
Chicken gnocchi soup is the ultimate comfort food on a chilly day. Packed with pillowy potato gnocchi, tender meat, and just the right amount of vegetables to make things feel balanced, this recipe checks all the boxes!
Seasoning is key! Simple salt and pepper can go along way when making any of these healthy chicken soup recipes. Garlic powder, onion powder and paprika are also some of my go-to seasonings for any recipe.
My favorite way to add richness to recipes are adding in Greek yogurt, some cream cheese or sour cream.
Thighs have the most flavor for any of these healthy chicken soup recipes. However, if you prefer to use white meat, breast meat works well too.
Bone Broth Chicken Soup
Stove Top Instructions
- Heat olive oil over medium heat then add in carrots and celery. Saute until softening and slightly translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth and allow soup to come to a boil then reduce heat and simmer on medium low for about 15 minutes.
- Add in noodles and cook for 10 minutes or until the noodles are al dente. Stir in shredded chicken and heat until warmed through.
- Top with chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper if desired. Serve hot.
Instant Pot Directions
- Set Instant Pot to saute mode and heat up olive oil. Saute veggies for about 7-8 minutes. Add in UNCOOKED chicken.
- Add bone broth. Cook in Instant Pot on Manual mode for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Allow Instant Pot to release naturally if possible. You can also use the quick release if you're short on time. Remove chicken to a side dish and shred. Return chicken to pot and mix.
- Turn Instant Pot to saute mode and add noodles. Let noodles cook on saute mode for an additional 7-8 minutes or until desired firmness.
- Storage: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Make Ahead: Bone broth chicken soup may be made ahead and reheated. Note that the noodles will soak up broth so you may need to add additional broth upon reheating.
- Reheating: Reheat on the stovetop on in the microwave until heated through.
- Freezing: Allow soup to cool and then store in freezer-safe bags in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Keto or paleo version: omit egg noodles.