Plant based breakfast made with protein-rich quinoa, plant based yogurt, nut butter and berries. This easy breakfast idea is one of my favorite plant based breakfast recipes to prep for a week of healthy breakfasts!
Plant Based Breakfast
The best healthy breakfasts I can think of has one main theme - balance! In my opinion, a good plant based breakfast is one that has a healthy balance of protein, carbs and fat keeping me full and satisfied!
Overnight oats are one of my favorite plant based breakfasts! They are easy to make and easy to prep.
I love variety of choosing different flavors and toppings. This recipe for overnight quinoa parfait is a play on overnight oats but swaps out oats for quinoa!
Never thought quinoa would be good for breakfast? Neither did I!
But once I recognized that quinoa is just a blank protein-filled canvas, I realized it could make one tasty breakfast. It also has more protein and fiber than oatmeal.
Livestrong supports my claim and you can read all about their thoughts on quinoa vs. oatmeal.
🌱 Ingredients – What You Need To This Healthy Breakfast Recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- Nut Milk: You can use any nut milk of your choice; almond milk, coconut milk or oat milk.
- Fruit: I chose blueberries but any fruit will be delicious.
- Nut Butter: Georgia Grinders nut butters are my favorite nut butter to add to these healthy breakfast parfaits! Use code LYNDSEY20 to shop Georgia Grinders and get a discount!
- Dairy Free Yogurt: Forager Cashewmilk yogurt and Silk Almondmilk yogurt are two of my favorite dairy free yogurts.
- Cooked quinoa: The easiest way I've found to cook quinoa is in the Instant Pot. I use the recipe by Platings and Pairings to cook Instant Pot quinoa.
- Cinnamon: I like to add a bit of cinnamon to my parfaits but this is optional.
🔪 Instructions – How To Make Plant Based Quinoa Parfaits
Here is how you make it:
- Measure out the quinoa. Add ½ cup cooked quinoa to four wide-mouth mason jars. Here are the jars I used for this recipe.
- Choose and pour your nut milk. Pour ¼ cup of nut milk into each jar.
- Add in yogurt. Top each jar with ¼ cup plant based yogurt
- Time for toppings. Add fruit and nut butter to each jar. Close lid and refrigerate
💭 Helpful Tips for Making Plant Based Breakfasts
Here are a few helpful tips in starting to incorporated more plant based breakfast ideas into your diet:
How do I get more protein on the plant based diet?
This recipe has protein from the yogurt, quinoa and nut butter. If you are looking to add more protein try adding in some plant based protein like Orgain.
Is it possible to do the plant based diet on a budget?
Yes, absolutely. Check out my article for the Plant Based Diet on a Budget.
I don't have quinoa. Can I swap something else?
You can try oats, bulgur or even wheat berries in this recipe.
How long does quinoa last in the fridge?
You can prep these yogurt + quinoa parfaits and store them for up to a week in the fridge.
Other Plant Based Breakfast Ideas You Will Love!
Here are a few other healthy breakfast ideas that will fit into your plant based lifestyle!
- Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats
- Seed Cycling Cereal Bowl
- Vanilla Almond Granola
- Coconut Milk Chia Pudding
- Oat Flour Pancakes
Want more simple + delicious eats? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Plant Based Breakfast Recipe
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup almond oat or coconut milk
- 1 cup dairy free yogurt
- 1 cup blueberries or fruit of your choice
- 4 tablespoon almond butter
- Spoon ½ cup of cooked quinoa into 4 wide mouth mason jars. Pour ¼ cup nut milk over each and stir gently.
- Layer on ¼ cup dairy free yogurt. Top with blueberries or fruit of your choice.
- Top with 1 tablespoon almond butter and secure lid.
- Refrigerate overnight. Eat cold or warmed in the microwave in the morning.
Jennifer J Molloy
I am excited to try this quinoa and berry parfait
Im just waiting for the quinoa to cool. You said I could make a week's worth and I will keep. So glad I found your site. Thank you
So glad you found me! This is one of my favorite breakfasts to prep. Thanks for trying it! Would love for you to leave a review!
How long do you think this would last in fridge? Could I make three for the whole week to have MWF and it stay good?
That's what I usually do! As long as your fruit and yogurt are fresh they seem to work for a whole week for me.
My husband and I have fallen in love with these. I put them in small jars because that's what I have and he's always looking for one in the fridge. I've made them various ways, with all kinds of non dairy yogurt including lemon! And I always add walnuts for that extra boost. Thanks for the idea!
so glad you like them! they are so versatile - love the combos you're coming up with!
These look delicious!!!! I haven't seen Silk's new Almond milks yet, but I want to try them!!
You definitely should Tabitha! They're super yummy!