Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets are easy to make! Whether frozen or fresh, these crispy healthy chicken nuggets will be a family favorite!
Ever find a recipe that your entire family gobbled down? It’s true, they can be few and far between if you’ve got some picky eaters on your hands!
This recipe for airfryer chicken nuggets piggybacks off of the success of that recipe! I dare call these, better than Chick Fil A Chicken nuggets!
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
Making air fried chicken nuggets are so easy! The beauty of these nuggets is that I actually find the process of them even easier than doing an entire chicken breast!
Rather than breading each individual breast, you can throw 1/3 of the nuggets in at a time and use your hands to work them around.
This recipe is also perfect if you are looking to prep them ahead for air fryer frozen chicken nuggets. You can bread the nuggets and then freeze them for easy and quick cooking later!
To get started with making air fried chicken nuggets, gather the following ingredients:
- Pancake Mix (I recommend Kodiak Cakes)
- Onion Powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups bread crumbs (I highly recommend doing a 1 cup panko bread crumbs, 1 cup homemade breadcrumb mix. You can get my easy homemade breadcrumb recipe here!)
I get many of my healthy cooking and baking ingredients delivered direct to me using Thrive Market. I love being able to get things delivered fast to my home!
You can get each of the ingredients you’ll need for this and more of my healthy recipes at Thrive Market. Get $20 in shopping credit when you sign up for Thrive Market!
Frequently Asked Questions About Cooking Chicken Nuggets in the Air Fryer
Do I have to preheat my air fryer?
For this recipe I recommend preheating your air fryer if possible. If you do not, you will need to cook the nuggets for about 5 minutes per side for fresh nuggets.
If you preheat the air fryer, you can a crispier result. You can also reduce cook time for fresh nuggets to about 3-4 minutes per side.
Before consuming be sure to check that your chicken is cooked to 165F using an instant read thermometer to ensure doneness.
Can I cook frozen chicken nuggets in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen chicken nuggets in the air fryer. You may need to add 1-2 minutes to account for the frozen chicken.
Be sure to ensure that your chicken is cooked to 165F using an instant read thermometer to ensure doneness.
What kind of air fryer do you recommend to make these airfry chicken nuggets?
My favorite air fryer to use is the Ninja Foodi Multi-cooker. I find it to perform the best for a multi cooker and you also get the instant pot and other cooking functions.
I also like the Ultrean Air Fryer if you are looking for an air fryer only option.
What Should I Serve with Healthy Air Fried Chicken Nuggets?
Here are a few of my favorite recipes to serve with chicken nuggets!
Did You Just Get An Air Fryer, But Aren’t Sure What Accessories You Need?? Check Out My Air Fryer Accessory Guide!
Try These Other Healthy Chicken Air Fryer Recipes from Momma Fit Lyndsey
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Whole30 Air Fryer Ranch Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Homemade Taquitos
Follow Me On Social Media!
Healthy Air Fry Chicken Nuggets Recipe
Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup homemade bread crumbs see post for recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Kodiak Cakes Flapjack Mix
- 1/2 tsp salt divided
- 1/2 tsp onion powder divided
- 1/2 tsp pepper divided
- 1 tsp paprika divided
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat Air Fryer to 390F. Spray roasting pan with coconut oil spray.
- Trim chicken breast of excess fat. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces with similar thickness.
- Measure out breadcrumbs and Kodiak cake mix into two separate bowls. Season breadcrumbs and Kodiak cake mix evenly with spices. Add parmesan cheese to the breadcrumb bowl. Put egg in third bowl and scramble with a fork. Line up the bowls in order of Kodiak Cakes mix, egg, breadcrumbs.
- Dredge chicken in flour then dip and coat into eggs. Coat with breadcrumb mix on all sides.
- Place chicken nuggets in air fryer and cook at 390F for 4 minutes. Flip and cook for 2-4 minutes depending on thickness of chicken. Chicken is cooked at 165F and is best determined with a meat thermometer. Cook until done.