These 11 cheap keto meals are the perfect high fat, low carb and super yummy dinners that use budget friendly ingredients like things you can find in your pantry, freezer items and ground beef! Plan for more a week or more of meal options with plenty of leftovers for lunch!
With food costs rising it can be hard to eat healthy on a budget! If you're following a dietary plan like keto or low carb, this can be hard on the wallet since grains like pasta and beans tend to be super cheap.
I've rounded up 11 cheap keto meals for you to make! These ideas are super easy, many are quick to make in 30 minutes or less or use convenience appliances like the instant pot or crock pot and they can be doubled or tripled for large families or can be halved or quartered to be made for one.
Zucchini Lasagna Rolls are an easy summer dinner to make using fresh zucchini!
Instant Pot turkey meatballs are easy to make with only 9 ingredients! Cooked to juicy perfection in marinara sauce, this meatball recipe is simple and super kid-friendly.
This cheeseburger bowl is a fun twist on your favorite classic burger! All the best savory burger toppings like tomatoes, lettuce, crispy bacon, pickles, and of course that special sauce - with a healthy low carb twist.
This is one of the best cheap keto meals that delivers the ultimate in comfort food!
A classic fave turned low carb makes for an easy and family friendly dinner.
Using up the whole chicken can make for more than one cheap keto meals! Use up the chicken breast, legs, thighs and wings.
This unstuffed cabbage roll soup is packed with crumbled ground beef, al dente cauliflower rice, and savory tender cabbage. It is pungent, thick, and a little bit spicy.
This delicious and simple Salsa Verde Chicken recipe only requires a few pantry ingredients, 5 minutes of prep, and one pan! Perfect for busy weeknights.
This is cheesy, bacon-filled, and filling. This keto Bacon Ranch Chicken Casserole is one of the best cheap keto meals out there!
Use up extra zucchini and try this zesty and flavorful meal!
Egg roll in a bowl is a healthy deconstructed egg roll without the deep-frying!
- Shop sales! Since eating low carb focuses less on lower priced goods like grains, keep an eye out for what meat is on sale at your grocery store.
- Keep notes: I try to make a list of cheap keto meals that have worked for our family in the past so I can make them again.
- Cook at home. Ordering out means more money spent. If you can avoid buying pre-made delivery meals or having food delivered you will save money.
- Shop in season. For the veggies that you plan on eating, check out what is in season and shop at your local farmer's market or the produce section of your grocery store.
- Meal plan and prep. Although one of the more time consuming parts of sticking to a grocery budget, making a grocery list and planning out dinners and lunches is a great way to use up what you have on hand, thereby reducing waste and spending less money.
Tuna salad is one of my favorite cheap keto meals that is super cheap and easy to make. This recipe for tuna salad with Greek yogurt is super easy - just leave out the grapes to keep it low carb.
Any meal using ground beef is a great choice because it is less expensive than some of the other cuts of meat or chicken.