Carrot Cake Healthy Recipe – Carrot Cake Breakfast Bread
If you’re looking for a carrot cake healthy recipe to feed your brunch guests this Easter, this carrot cake breakfast bread is the perfect choice! With no refined sugar this gluten free carrot cake will be a delicious and healthy version of a seasonal family favorite!
It’s almost Easter time! I don’t know about you, but carrot cake is one of my favorite spring desserts! I love the flavors so much I decided to put a healthy, breakfast-y spin and create carrot cake breakfast bread!
Carrot Cake Healthy Recipe Notes
This carrot cake is gluten free and made with coconut flour! When cooking with almond flour you have to be aware of your ratios! Generally coconut flour is a 1:4 ratio. Meaning that 1 cup of all purpose flour equals approximately ¼ cup of coconut flour.
This is very important when moisture is involved! The secret weapon to make this carrot cake healthy recipe delicious and moist is pineapple! Pineapple gives a natural sweetness that helps to keep the recipe free of refined sugar. But it also adds an added level of moisture!
So – you have to make sure that you drain your crushed pineapple thoroughly! You will want the bread dough to be bread consistency, not too runny! If you have too much moisture, your bread will fall in the middle (and likely won’t be cooked through!)
If you have to add in a bit more coconut flour, no big deal! I actually tested this recipe twice and added in more coconut flour since my first batch was a bust!
Healthy Easter Brunch Ideas
Easter coincides with spring which sometimes means lighter meals! If you are looking to serve a lightened up Easter brunch, here are a few ideas for a healthy Easter brunch!
- Granola, fruit & yogurt parfait bar
- Egg muffins
- Egg casserole
- Quinoa parfait bar
- Carrot raisin breakfast cookies
Carrot Cake Healthy Recipe Bread
Healthy Carrot Cake Breakfast Bread
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup crushed pineapple drained
- ¼ cup pecans chopped & toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepared a bread pan by spraying with coconut oil.
- Measure out dry ingredients and mix together. I like to sift my ingredients but it's not essential. Set aside.
- Cream sugar and butter until combined. Add eggs one at a time until combined. Add vanilla and greek yogurt. Fold in shredded carrots and drained, crushed pineapple. Mix until incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir until combined. Do not overstir. Add to prepared bread pan and top with toasted pecans.
- Bake in oven for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool in pan for at least 10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack for further cooling.
Need more plant based breakfast recipes? Here are 33 more plant based breakfast ideas!