Salty pretzels with white chocolate and M&Ms are the perfect easy holiday treat! Make this easy holiday white chocolate M&M recipe in no time at all! Perfect for the entire family to make together!
Why You Should Make This White Chocolate M&M Pretzel Recipe
Here are the top 5 reasons you should make these M&M pretzel treats:
- Only 3 simple ingredients, no vegetable oil or double boiler needed for this festive treat!
- Delicious sweet chocolate and salty combo - the perfect combination of flavors and textures.
- Super easy treat that is fun for kids to make at Christmas time.
- Quick to make last minute for a holiday school party treat or cookie exchanges.
- Perfect for gifting in cellophane bags or festive tins - just like these mini banana breads!
Here are the ingredients you need to make this recipe. Reference the recipe card at the bottom for exact measurements and the notes below for substitution ideas.
Square pretzels like pretzel snaps work best due to their size and flat sides. One 16-ounce bag of pretzels will yield at least 300 white chocolate M&M pretzel hugs.
White chocolate discs (also known as white chocolate wafers) tend to work better than white chocolate chips or almond bark. Dark chocolate can also be used, but I prefer white chocolate.
Green and red M&M candies balance the sweet and salty flavor combo. You can use any color for any holiday (like red, pink, and white for Valentine's Day.)
How to Make These White Chocolate Pretzel Bites
Below are step-by-step instructions for how to cook this recipe. The recipe card at the bottom shows the exact cooking time and temperatures.
If the oven is not already warm, heat it to a low heat temperature such as 250F. Place a piece of parchment paper or wax paper on a large cookie sheet or sheet pan. Line up the pretzel snaps into rows in a single layer.
Place a white chocolate disc on each pretzel. Place the baking sheet on the middle rack in the warm oven for 5-10 minutes or until the white chocolate is soft but not melted.
Carefully remove the warmed pretzel and white chocolate discs from the oven. Place one M&M in the center of each hug.
Allow the chocolate to set up to room temperature before eating.
- Place the white chocolate M&M pretzel hugs in the refrigerator or freezer to set up quickly.
- Store pretzel treats in an airtight container on the counter for up to 1 week.
- Swap red and green M&M candies for candy canes for a peppermint treat for the holiday season.
- Keep a close eye on the oven, you will want the white chocolate to be softened, not melted chocolate.
These M&M pretzel treats are versatile and can be made for any holiday and with a variety of ingredients.
In place of pretzel snaps, mini pretzels will also work. Pretzel sticks will work by placing a few together in a row (like a sled!) I do not recommend pretzel rods since they have no flat sides.
In place of white chocolate discs, use Hershey Kisses.
Swap out M&Ms for a crushed peppermint stick.
Other Easy Christmas Treats and Desserts
M&M Pretzel Treats with White Chocolate Recipe
- baking sheet
- sheet of parchment paper
- Heat the oven to 250 F. Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Line up the pretzel snaps into rows in a single layer.16 oz. pretzel snaps
- Place one white chocolate disc on the top of each pretzel. Place the baking sheet into the oven and heat for 5-10 minutes or until the white chocolate is softened.300 standard white chocolate discs
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and place M&M candy on the top of each pretzel. Place the sheet pan in the fridge to cool quickly.10 oz. M&M candy