Looking for a gluten free sugar cookie recipe that is soft, chewy and made with no xanthan gum or refined sugar? This easy recipe is made with Bob's Red Mill gluten free flour and is perfect for your holiday cookies.
How to Bake with Gluten Free Flour
Baking with gluten free flour can be tricky! There are many options for gluten free baking.
A few gluten free flour options include:
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- buckwheat flour
- sorghum flour
- arrowroot flour
- brown rice flour
I'd be lying if I said baking with gluten free flour came easy for me! I've had my fair share of messes when I try to bake with almond flour!
When I'm looking to bake with gluten free flour, the no fail approach for me has been to use Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour.
The gluten free to all purpose flour ratio is just like the label says, one to one. This flour has made gluten free baking so much easier for me.
Looking to make your own DIY gluten free flour blend? Check out this recipe from the Minimalist Baker.
Other Gluten Free Recipes by Momma Fit Lyndsey You May Enjoy!
- Pumpkin Spice Granola - Gluten Free
- GF Apple Crisp
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins - Gluten Free
- Hidden Veggie Enchilada Bake
Refined Sugar Free Baking
Another benefit of this gluten free sugar cookie recipe is that the cookie is free of refined sugar! By substituting coconut flour for processed white flour, we've eliminated refined sugars from this recipe.
During the holidays the onslaught of sugar can lead to headaches, low energy, bloating and a host of other issues! I prefer to swap out coconut sugar that helps to reduce the symptoms associated with eating too much refined sugar.
How to Make Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
Here are a few tools you may need to create deliciously chewy, soft gluten free sugar cookies.
- Silpat baking mat
- cookie sheets + cooling rack
- mini cookie scoop
- stand mixer
- gluten free flour
- mixing bowls
Gluten Free Sugar Cookie
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a bowl sift together dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt) and set aside.
- Combine butter and two cups of sugar in a stand mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Add in vanilla
- Add dry ingredients in three parts. Scrape the sides of bowl each time and mix until just blended.
- Using a mini cookie scooper, scoop out 48 balls. Roll each ball in coconut sugar and place onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes and then move to a cooling rack to cool.
Follow @mommafitlyndsey on Instagram and if you make this recipe tag it #mommafitlyndsey when you share it!
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!