Make this healthy Biscoff overnight oats recipe with protein and only 5 ingredients! Lotus Biscoff cookie butter, gluten-free oatmeal, almond milk, Greek yogurt, and vanilla protein powder make this an easy breakfast! It has 23 grams of protein per serving!
Why You Should Make This Recipe
- Simple ingredients.
- One of the best overnight oats recipes there is!
- The delicious flavor of Biscoff cookie butter - just like these cookie butter cookies!
- 23 grams of protein per serving.
- Less sugar than other recipes using brown sugar.
- Easy Biscoff overnight oats are great for meal prep!
- Healthy breakfast recipe that tastes delicious!
- Try these pumpkin overnight oats or these protein overnight oats!
Ingredients and Substitutions
Here are the ingredients you need to make this recipe. Reference the recipe card at the bottom for exact measurements and the notes below for substitution ideas.
Lotus Biscoff spread is a creamy, sweet, and spiced spread made from Lotus Biscoff cookies with a texture similar to peanut butter.
Similar spreads are labeled as cookie butter or speculoos.
Old-fashioned rolled oats provide the base of this recipe. Steel-cut oats tend to take a very long time to soak up the liquid, so they are not generally the best choice for overnight oats.
Quick oats or instant oats can be substituted, but use less milk.
Almond milk helps to make the Biscoff overnight oats creamy and allows the oatmeal to soften. Use regular milk, a protein shake, or non-dairy milk like soy milk or oat milk as a substitute.
Vanilla protein powder provides extra protein and sweetens the Biscoff oats. If you are making this Biscoff oatmeal without protein powder, you can sweeten the recipe by adding maple syrup.
Variations and Additional Toppings
Chia seeds are often added to oatmeal for additional protein. They are also a source of fatty acids and have other health benefits that are great for a healthy breakfast.
Top with fresh fruits like raspberries or bananas.
Top the Biscoff overnight oats with melted cookie butter, Lotus cookies, or chocolate chips for a decadent breakfast!
Sprinkle some cinnamon on top for even more spice flavor.
Taste and Texture
Biscoff overnight oats have a creamy, pudding-like texture. They are generally eaten cold but can be warmed up in the microwave.
Use more cookie butter for a stronger Biscoff cookie taste.
How to Make This Recipe
This is a step-by-step walkthrough of how to cook this recipe. The recipe card at the bottom shows the exact cooking time and temperatures.
Add ½ cup oats to a wide-mouth Mason jar or airtight container.
If using, add in protein powder and stir until well mixed.
Pour in liquid, cookie butter spread, and any other toppings you are using. Mix well until all of the ingredients are fully incorporated.
Place the lid on top of the jar and close tightly. Store in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or overnight for the best results and optimal texture.
When you eat it the next day, it should have a pudding-like texture. Eat them cold or heat them in the microwave in 30-second increments.
- Use an overnight oats container to prep a week of healthy breakfasts on the go.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Allow them to refrigerate overnight for optimal texture and consistency.
- If you are out of milk, water works fine for these oats.
- For thinner oatmeal, use more liquid or add more milk the next morning when you eat it.
- If you are adding chia seeds to Biscoff overnight oats, add more liquid to account for the chia absorbing some of the milk.
- Make the recipe vegan by using coconut yogurt or another plant-based yogurt.
- Make it gluten-free by using gluten-free oats and Trader Joe's Speculoos cookie butter.
Old-fashioned rolled oats are the best type of oats to use when making overnight oats. They soak up the liquid the best and provide a delicious creamy texture and pudding-like consistency.
The secret to perfect overnight oats is the ratio of liquid. Similar to this chia pudding recipe, a one-to-one ratio of old-fashioned rolled oats to milk is essential.
Overnight oats are a healthy breakfast idea, depending on the ingredients you use and how you prepare them.
Oatmeal is a healthy breakfast option that is full of whole grains, fiber, and vitamins.
Be mindful of portion size, added sugars, and toppings to ensure the recipe you are using aligns with your goals.
Other Protein Overnight Oats Recipes You'll Love!
Protein Biscoff Overnight Oats Recipe (5 Ingredients)
- Add oats to a clean and dry wide-mouth Mason jar.½ cup rolled oats
- Add protein powder and almond milk. Stir well.1 scoop vanilla protein powder, ½ cup almond milk
- Stir in cookie butter and Greek yogurt until well mixed.¼ cup plain Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon Lotus Biscoff cookie butter spread
- Cover and store in the refrigerator overnight.