Healthy air fryer recipes make healthy eating taste great! Check out 25+ easy air fryer recipes and download your free printable air fryer recipes cookbook!
Air Fryer 101 – What You Need To Know About Air Fryer Healthy Recipes
My air fryer has quickly become one of my favorite kitchen appliances this year. I’m always asked if I like my air fryer and my answer is always a resounding yes!
Before I had an air fryer I had so many questions. Do you put oil in an air fryer? Does the air fryer deep fry food?
If you’re wondering these as well, looking for the best air fryer to purchase or looking for some healthy air fryer recipes, keep reading!
Frequently Asked Questions About Air Fryers
Is Air Fried Food Healthy?
If you are thinking about an air fryer , or don’t have one yet, you may be wondering, what is an air fryer and how does it work? Air fried food can be very healthy!
Unlike traditional deep fried food, air fried food is cooked similar to a convection oven using heat and circulating hot air to cook the food.
You can create delicious and nutritious vegetable, lean protein, and healthy grain dishes using an air fryer .
Do you Put Oil in an Air Fryer?
The only oil I put in the air fryer is a spritz of cooking spray. I coat the basket with olive oil cooking spray to keep the food from sticking.
You can use olive oil to coat and marinade your food, but you do not deep fry in an air fryer .
What is the Best Air Fryer in 2020 or 2021?
I use two different air fryer models for two different reasons. When I am looking for a quick an easy job, I use the Ultrean Air Fryer. I got it on Amazon and it’s super easy to use and clean up. It’s also small which makes it easy to store.
When I’m looking for a larger job or doing more meal prep, I use the Ninja Foodi. It is a multi cooker with an air crisp function that works wonderfully. It also has a pressure cooker and slow cooker function which cuts down on the amount of appliances you need!
What are the Best Air Fryer Cookbooks?
Here are a few great air fryer cookbook ideas to get you started.
Air Fryer Cookbook For Beginners: 600 Most Wanted Air Fryer Recipes
The Skinnytaste Air Fryer Cookbook: The 75 Best Healthy Recipes for Your Air Fryer
The Ultimate Air Fryer Cookbook: 575 Best Air Fryer Recipes of All Time
What Air Fryer Accessories do I need?
Many air fryer models come with the basic accessories you need to get started. If you are looking to create even more complex air fryer recipes, an air fryer accessory kit may be for you.
Air Fryer Accessories XL 8 inch with Recipes Cookbook, Set of 13, Fit for Air Fryers
These are My Favorite Easy Air Fryer Recipes for Beginners – and they’re Healthy!
Once you’re set with your air fryer, it is time to get cooking! Here are over 25 of my favorite easy, healthy air fryer recipes your family will love!
Healthy Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast – Air fryer chicken breast with parmesan is crispy, deliciously moist and best of all healthy! Your family will gobble it up and the recipe is so easy, it will go on your list of easy weeknight dinners!
- Keto-friendly Chicken Tenders – Air Fryer chicken tenders are an easy weeknight meal kids will love! These air fried chicken tenders are Keto, Whole30, Paleo and Gluten Free!
- Coconut Chicken Tenders – flakes of coconut make these crispy tenders super flavorful!
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets – Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets are easy to make! Whether frozen or fresh, these crispy healthy chicken nuggets will be a family favorite!
- Whole30 Ranch Chicken Wings – Ninja Foodi Chicken wings are easy to make in just 30 minutes! This recipe for whole30 chicken wings makes crispy chicken wings that can be made in the air fryer.
- Chicken Parmesan – a classic dish made easy in the air fryer!
Healthy Air Fryer Dinners
- Air Fryer Turkey Breast – Air Fryer Turkey Breast is moist, juicy and best of all fast! This turkey breast in the air fryer is done in a fraction of the time and perfect for Thanksgiving or any time of the year!
- Zucchini Boats – Make taco Tuesday so much fun with these low carb air fryer zucchini boats!
- Homemade Taquitos – Homemade taquitos are easy to make in the air fryer! This chicken recipe is a kid-friendly healthy recipe that is great for picky eaters.
Air Fryer Fish + Seafood Recipes
- Air Fryer Crab Cakes – Air fryer crab cakes are easy to make and healthy! Delicious crab cakes cooked in the air fryer make a delicious meal or appetizer.
- Air Fryer Salmon – Air Fryer Salmon is easy to make! This is a delicious Low Carb, Paleo, Keto and Whole30 salmon recipe perfect for easy weeknight dinners.
- Spicy Air Fryer Shrimp – Argentine Red Shrimp are my favorite shrimp with no breading to make in the air fryer! Serve on top of a salad or in air fryer shrimp tacos for a delicious meal.
- Fish Tacos – Spicy mahi mahi atop tortillas and loaded with toppings!
Air Fryer Vegetable Sides
- Crispy Crunchy Zucchini Fries – Air Fryer Zucchini Fries are an easy to make healthy side dish! Gluten free panko bread crumbs and ranch seasoning make this recipe crispy and delicious!
- Whole30 Hash Browns – Air Fryer Hash Browns are crispy, delicious and easy to make! A yummy Whole30 hash brown or paleo hash browns made in the air fryer are the perfect savory breakfast!
- Crispy Potato Wedges – Air Fryer Potato Wedges are here my friends. Did we need another reason to eat our beloved potatoes?
- Sweet Potato Rounds – Air fryer sweet potato slices are a delicious side dish your family will love. These are crispy sweet potato rounds made in the air fryer, with only a bit of healthy oil!
- Burnt Broccoli – Air Fryer Broccoli is an easy to make healthy side dish. This is the best crispy broccoli recipe done in under 10 minutes!
- Crispy Asparagus – Air Fryer Asparagus is a quick way to get delicious crispy asparagus in a few minutes!
- Crunchy Brussel Sprouts – Air fryer brussels sprouts are crunchy and delicious! This recipe is keto, easy and healthy that will become a weeknight family friendly recipe.
- Honey Sriracha Brussel Sprouts – Honey Sriracha brussels sprouts are an easy and healthy side dish loaded with flavor!
- Bang Bang Cauliflower – Bang Bang Cauliflower is easy to make in the air fryer for crispy spicy air fryer cauliflower! This bang bang sauce is delicious, healthy and versatile!
- Cauliflower Gnocchi – Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi in the air fryer is beyond crispy and oh so delicious!
Healthy Snacks and Family Approved Air Fryer Recipes
- Copycat Chick Fil-A Fries – those delicious waffle fries we all know and love!
- Air Fryer French Toast Sticks – Air Fryer French Toast Sticks are easy to make for Saturday brunch or busy mornings! You can make them ahead to freeze and reheat!
- Pizza Rolls – just a few simple ingredients and this healthy kid’s snack will be devoured!
- Cheese Sticks – Keto cheese sticks are a low carb appetizer that is easy to make in the air fryer. This family friendly keto appetizer recipe is great for the holidays or parties that everyone will eat.