Homemade taquitos are easy to make in the air fryer! This chicken recipe is a kid-friendly healthy recipe that is great for picky eaters.
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken cooked
- 2 carrots diced extra fine
- ½ packet ranch or southwestern ranch dressing packet
- 1 cup Greek yogurt or dairy free plain yogurt
- ¾ cup shredded cheese
- 10 flour tortillas may swap low carb thin tortillas if desired
Prepare ½ Greek yogurt dip according to package directions. You may prepare the entire amount and reserving 1 cup of dip for dipping sauce or veggie dip.
Clean carrots and dice using a food processor. Dice extra fine for a smoother texture. Add carrots and ½ cup cheese to Greek yogurt dip to combine.
Chop rotisserie chicken into small, bite-sized pieces. Combine with 1 cup of Greek yogurt dip and carrots.
Add ¼ cup chicken mixture tortilla. Top with 1 tablespoon shredded cheese. Roll tortilla tightly and spray end with a bit of cooking spray to hold seal.
Cook in air fryer at 370F for 8 minutes, checking halfway. Taquitos will be done when they are golden brown.
Use remaining Greek yogurt dip as dipping sauce or drizzled on top. Garnish with cilantro if desired.
Use buttermilk ranch instead of southwestern ranch seasoning for a more mild flavor.
Frozen taquitos in the air fryer should cook at 400 for 15 minutes, flipping halfway.
Tips for assembly:
- Be sure to mix the chicken with the Greek yogurt dip. Don't layer them in the tortilla, the chicken will dry out.
- Don't overstuff the taquitos - they are harder to roll and don't heat through thoroughly.
- Spray the end of the tortilla with a bit of cooking spray to seal the taquito.
- Place taquitos in seam-side down.