Whole30 chili is easy to make with ground white turkey, pumpkin and fall herbs! This cozy turkey pumpkin chili is the perfect instant pot chili your family will love!
It’s fall which means chili and pumpkins are basically fall life staples, right? It’s also time to dust off that Instant Pot and get yourself moving on this insanely easy, yet incredibly delicious pumpkin chili recipe.
I love that this easy chili recipe makes a ton! It’s also freezable, making it great for make ahead freezer meals.
I actually made this recipe when it was 90 degrees out. It went right into the freezer after I taste-tested it and I’m waiting on the perfect fall weather to serve it for dinner with a green salad and some homemade corn bread!
Turkey Pumpkin Chili
You may be thinking, pumpkin in chili? Let’s get started by saying this chili is not your regular beans and meat chili.
To begin, this chili has no beans, making it a delicious whole30 chili recipe. It also seriously pumps up the veggie factor by adding in delicious root veggies like pumpkin and carrots.
Pumpkin chili is actually quite delicious. Many pumpkin chili recipes out there add in pureed pumpkin, however, for this recipe you are going to use straight up chunks of pumpkin.
I used turkey for this chili recipe but there are a few other meats you may consider when making whole30 turkey chili:
- ground chicken (find my delicious Vegetarian Pressure Cooker Chili Vegetarian Pressure Cooker Chili)
- ground beef
- short ribs
- ground bison
All of my favorite meats come from ButcherBox which is a grass-fed organic meat subscription box. I’ve been using ButcherBox for almost a year now and am beyond impressed with the meat quality, prices and customer service.
Need some more Whole30 slow cooker recipes for Fall? My Whole30 Crockpot Beef Stew is one of my favorite Whole30 crockpot recipes.
How to Make Whole30 Chili
Making pumpkin turkey chili in the instant pot is so easy! Gather up these ingredients to get started:
- Olive Oil
- Ground Turkey
- Fresh garlic
- Fresh sage, thyme + rosemary
- Pumpkin chunks
- Canned tomatoes
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Raw Honey
- Chili Powder
- Salt + Pepper
- Beef Stock
- Instant Pot
This instant pot chili is literally a dump and go soup! When I made it, I had some cooked turkey on hand.
You can saute the ground turkey along with the onion and garlic right in the Instant Pot. Using the saute function, cook the turkey until cooked through.
Then, add in the remaining ingredients (less the arrowroot, you’ll use that later) and cook on Manual for 20 minutes. Once the instant pot is done, a quick release gives you delicious fall pumpkin chili.
Mix arrowroot with water and mix into the hot chili to thicken it. Check out the full printable recipe for all of the recipe details!
This recipe is also easy to make ahead! Just prep your veggies and turkey meat up to two days in advance and throw in the instant pot when you are ready to cook.
Need More Whole30 Recipes? Check Out A Few Of Momma Fit Lyndsey’s Favorite Instant Pot Recipes.
- Whole30 Pot Roast
- Instant Pot Sous Vide Egg Bites
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Whole30 Meatloaf
- Instant Pot Carne Asada
- Whole30 Mediterranean Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
Follow Me On Social Media!
Like This Recipe For Whole30 Chili? Give It A Try And Share It On Instagram! Tag Me @Mommafitlyndsey!
Whole 30 Chili with Pumpkin and Turkey
- ½ large onion diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 4 cloves fresh garlic smashed or minced (your preference)
- fresh sage thyme + rosemary
- 2 cups pumpkin chunks from a pie pumpkin
- 1 large carrot sliced into coins
- 1 quart canned tomatoes
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder more for more spice
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot
- Cook turkey in 1 tablespoon olive oil using the saute mode. Once turkey is mostly cooked, add in onions and garlic (if mincing). Cook until turkey is cooked and turn off saute mode.
- Add in garlic chunks (if using smashed) pumpkin, carrot, canned tomatoes and beef stock. Stir to combine. Stir in honey, cumin and salt + pepper. Sprinkle pumpkin pie spice to taste.
- Cook on manual high for 20 minutes. Quick release with caution. Whisk 1 teaspoon arrowroot into 1 teaspoon water and add to hot chili. Season with salt + pepper to taste.