Whole30 Chicken Salad made with avocado, apples and celery is the easiest lunch prep for your Whole30. Make this recipe for an entire week of delicious Whole30 lunches that will keep you full and satisfied.
Whole30 Chicken Salad Recipe
There are just some Whole30 recipes that last the test of time! As in you actually want to eat them even after Whole30 is done.
Whether you’re doing a January Whole30, a Whole30 at a different time of the year or just looking for some healthy lunch inspiration, this avocado chicken salad is there for you!
This keto chicken salad with avocado is super easy and customizable! You can swap out different veggies and fruits and have endless options for healthy prepped lunches.
🐔 Ingredients – What You Need To Make Healthy Avocado Chicken Salad
Here are the ingredients you will need:
Ingredients for the Healthy Avocado Chicken Salad
- Cooked chicken: I used rotisserie chicken from Whole Foods for this. Feel free to use rotisserie chicken if that works for you, or you can cook your own chicken breast.
- Fruit of choice: I used apples for this recipe but grapes work well also.
- Celery: Cut celery into small bite sized pieces for texture and crunch.
- Avocado: This is your chance to use up your ripe avocado! Mash up an entire avocado for this recipe.
- Salt + pepper: Classic salt and pepper is perfect for this recipe, but if you want to jazz it up a Whole30 approved all purpose seasoning, go for it.
🔪 Instructions – How To Make Chicken Salad with Greek Yogurt
Here is how you make it:
- The basics – chicken + apple. Add the chicken and apples to a bowl (or grapes if you prefer).
- Crunchy veggie like celery. Mix it in for delicious texture
- Mashed avocado. Almost brown avocado – it’s your time to shine. Mash up a whole one and toss it in.
- Season and Serve! Season with salt and pepper or your favorite Whole30 all purpose seasoning.
💭 Helpful Tips for Making Chicken Salad Whole30 approved
This chicken salad recipe is pretty straight forward, but here are a few notes to help you!
Chicken Salad Storage: Store your chicken salad in the fridge in an airtight container for up to four days. Rotisserie chicken will last in the fridge for four days.
What mayonnaise is Whole30 compliant?: If you decided to toss the avocado, check out Primal Kitchen’s Avocado Mayo which is a great replacement for mayonnaise in this recipe.
Other Whole30 Recipes + Articles for You!
Whether you’re getting started on Whole30 or need a few ideas for easy Whole30 meals, I’ve got you covered:
- Instant Pot Sous Vide Egg Bites
- Whole30 Pot Roast
- Coconut Milk Chia Pudding
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Rounds
- Whole30 Picks at Trader Joe’s
- Whole30 Shopping List
Whole30 Chicken Salad
- 1 cup chicken cooked + diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 cup apple chopped
- ¾ cup avocado approximately 1 medium avocado, mashed
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Add the chicken, apples, celery and avocado to a medium bowl. Mix together until well incorporated.
- Season to taste and mix again. Eat as is or on top of lettuce.