PIZZA QUESADILLA – GRILLED CHICKEN CAPRESE
This pizza quesadilla recipe is a healthy quesadilla with chicken, tomatoes, cheese and delicious basil! It tastes delicious with balsamic drizzle and basil paste. Even better than homemade pizza, this easy quesadilla recipe is healthy!
SAVE TIME & MONEY WITH THE FREE HEALTHY, EASY WEEKNIGHT MEALS COOKBOOK!
File this pizza quesadilla under things I would like to eat everyday for the rest of my life. If there is one thing I know, these quesadilla ingredients – I’m talking basil, tomato, cheese combo – is a good one. Add in some balsamic glaze and grilled chicken and I’m one happy camper!
HOW TO MAKE PIZZA QUESADILLAS
Making pizza quesadillas is super easy and can be fun for your kids too! Letting them help to assemble the pizza quesadillas – and even adding in a topping or two – should guarantee this is a kid-friendly dinner recipe!
To make pizza quesadillas:
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat. Spray with cooking spray or brush olive oil onto the skillet.
- Add your tortilla to warm it up a bit.
- Add your pizza toppings. Sprinkle cheese and balsamic drizzle last.
- Increase heat to medium and cook until cheese is melted and heated through.
- Slice into quarters. Drizzle with extra balsamic glaze if desired.
CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO – ANOTHER MOMMA FIT LYNDSEY FAVORITE
HOW TO MAKE A PIZZA QUESADILLA HEALTHY
It’s true that quesadillas are also one of my favorite things ever. When I was doing the 21 Day Fix, this quesadilla was my go-to recipe. It’s still a super popular recipe here on Momma Fit Lyndsey. So of course I decided to give you another option for a 21 Day Fix approved quesadilla.
I used the full sized wraps for this recipe which makes it a great dinner to share or you can have leftovers for lunch! Or if you’re super hungry, eat the whole darn thing yourself. That’s what I usually do.
Or if you’re looking to track this recipe for 21 Day Fix purposes, the container count is 1 1/4 red, 1 1/2 yellow, 1 blue, 1 orange and 1/2 green for 1/2 of the quesadilla.
This recipe can also be made if you’re looking for a great Weight Watchers chicken recipe. The pizza quesadilla recipe is 12 points per serving as is. To reduce the Freestyle points in this recipe you can reduce the cheese, use a low-carb tortilla, and increase the veggies.
TOPPING IDEAS TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR PIZZA QUESADILLA AND MAKE IT HEALTHY!
- part-skim mozzarella or half the total cheese amount
- add in more veggies like broccoli, spinach or mushrooms
- choose a sprouted grain tortilla
Also note that you can use any type of pre-cooked chicken for this pizza quesadilla recipe. I used grilled chicken but rotisserie chicken is probably the easiest option for you!
Need Summer Dinner Ideas? Check out this list of over 60 deliciously fresh summer dinners!
PIZZA QUESADILLA RECIPE
Pizza Quesadilla - Chicken Caprese
- 1 wrap-style tortilla burrito-sized
- 1 cup pre-cooked chicken chopped or shredded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- 2 TB fresh basil chopped or chiffonade
- 1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- balsamic glaze
- basil paste
Nutrition calculated without balsamic glaze and basil paste.
Are you Caprese-crazed too? What kind of tomatoes are your favorite? Was the chicken a good add?? Tell me about it in the comments!