Pecan pie brownies are a healthy gluten free and dairy free brownie for an easy Thanksgiving dessert or any time of year! These salted caramel turtle brownies are super fudgy and made with vegan salted caramel.
Looking for a pumpkin pie alternative to bring to Thanksgiving this year? You will wow your guests with this healthier pecan pie brownie!
I don’t know about you, but anytime someone offers me a chocolate dessert, I’m in! These super fudgy brownies incorporate a seasonal favorite, pecan pie with a delicious brownie and sweet and salty caramel sauce.
Pecans are definitely a favorite of mine around the fall and the holidays, but these brownies would be perfect for any time of year.
I love an easy dessert that doesn’t take forever to make! You can even cut these up into smaller pieces for delicious brownie bites!
How to Make These Dairy Free Brownies with Pecans + Salted Caramel
These delicious gluten free turtle brownies include a few simple elements; brownie mix from scratch, pecans and vegan salted caramel.
How to make Brownie Mix From Scratch
Surprisingly, brownie mix from scratch is way easier than you would think! I love being able to throw together cleaner ingredients at home.
Gather these ingredients to create your own homemade gluten free brownie mix:
- coconut sugar
- cacao powder
- gluten free flour
- baking powder
This homemade brownie mix can be made and stored in your pantry. Once you are ready to mix up the brownies, gather these ingredients:
- coconut oil
- chopped pecans
- salted caramel sauce
How to Make Vegan Salted Caramel
Making your own salted caramel is much easier than you would think! The only tricky thing about making your own caramel sauce is making sure it doesn’t burn!
To make homemade salted caramel gather the following ingredients:
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut cream
- 1/4 coconut sugar
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- pinch of sea salt
Once you have your ingredients:
Bring coconut cream and sugar to a boil. Lower heat and whisk constantly for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add in coconut oil and pinch of sea salt.
I get many of my healthy baking ingredients delivered direct to me using Thrive Market. I love being able to get things delivered fast to my home!
You can get each of the ingredients you’ll need for this and more of my healthy treat recipes at Thrive Market. Get $20 in shopping credit when you sign up for Thrive Market!
Try These Other Healthy Desserts + Treats From Momma Fit Lyndsey
- Honey Crisp Apple Pie Bars
- Healthy Twix Cookie Bars
- Healthy Blackberry Cobbler
- Lemon Blueberry Bars
- No Bake Healthy Cheesecake
- Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup Fat Bombs
- Gluten Free Apple Crisp
- Sugar Cookies
- Chewy Snickerdoodles
Follow Me On Social Media!
Like This Recipe For Pecan Pie Brownies? Give It A Try And Share It On Instagram! Tag Me @Mommafitlyndsey!
Pecan Pie Brownies Recipe
Grab your ingredients and give these pecan pie brownies a try!
Pecan Pie Brownies
- 3/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1.5 cups coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup pecans chopped
- 2 tbsp salted caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350f. Line an 8X8 baking dish with parchment paper or spray with coconut oil spray.
- Mix together the coconut oil, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs and mix until combined.
- Mix together flour, cacao powder, baking powder and salt. Slowly add to egg mixture until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Top with pecans and salted caramel. Use a knife or toothpick to create a swirl.
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. Top with additional salted caramel sauce.