Chicken sausage pasta with grilled veggies is a quick and easy weeknight meal you can grill at home! Using a few ingredients you likely already have on hand like veggies, pasta and sausage, you can whip up this fresh dinner in under 30 minutes.
This chicken sausage pasta recipe is sponsored by al fresco. All opinions are my own.
Summer is here and it's time to get grilling! Even though it's summer, pasta is still a great option for dinner.
This chicken sausage pasta is definitely a meal in and of itself! I love that you can get protein, veggies and healthy plant-based carbs, all in one bowl.
This recipes makes a huge bowl of pasta! It's great to feed a large crowd or save for leftovers for dinner tomorrow.
I selected al fresco roasted pepper and asiago sausage for my grilled sausage and veggies. al fresco has a variety of chicken sausage flavors, all of which have no artificially ingredients and are minimally processed.
I'm pretty picky about the meat we eat so finding a fully cooked sausage that I can heat up on the grill that is all natural is a huge win.
How to Make Chicken Sausage Pasta with Grilled Veggies
To make chicken sausage pasta, gather the following ingredients:
- al fresco chicken sausage
- grill-able veggies of your choice (I like zucchini, peppers and mushrooms)
- plant based pasta, cooked
- marinara sauce of your choice (can also use olive oil and garlic)
- metal skewers
- olive oil
- seasoning of your choice ( I used everything bagel seasoning)
I like to use metal skewers that can be washed and re-used.
Heat up your grill to medium heat and brush with olive oil. While your grill is heating up you can prep your skewers.
How to Make Grilled Veggie Skewers with Sausage
Here are just a few simple steps to make grilled sausage and veggie skewers on the grill:
- Wash all produce and cut into smaller pieces.
- Cut sausage into one inch pieces.
- Layer the skewers with veggies and meat in an alternating pattern.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season.
Once your skewers are ready and the grill is heated to about 350F, you can grill the skewers.
I grilled the skewers for about 4-5 minutes per side until the veggies were done and had grill marks. Mix together your grilled sausage and veggies with the pasta and a bit of sauce and dinner is done!
After dinner, try a fresh and light summer treat like my honey crisp apple pie bars for dessert.
Chicken Sausage Pasta with Grilled Veggies
- 6 links al fresco sausage
- 1 large bell pepper chopped into large pieces
- 24 mushrooms
- 2 large zucchini sliced into ¼ inch disks
- 6 ounces plant based pasta cooked
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Wash all produce and cut into smaller pieces. Cut sausage into one inch pieces.
- Layer the skewers with veggies and meat in an alternating pattern. Drizzle with olive oil and season.
- Grill each skewer for about 4-5 minutes per side until the veggies were done and had grill marks.
- Add veggies and sausage to pasta and mix with up to 2 cups marinara sauce. Top with grated parmesan and fresh basil if desired. Serve hot.
Leave a Reply