Banana Pudding in a Jar with just 3 ingredients! Mason jar banana pudding made with fresh bananas, vanilla pudding and graham crackers.
Favorite place in the world? Hilton Head Island. Favorite restaurant there? The Backyard. Why? Homemade Banana Pudding.
We recently got home from a beach trip to Hilton Head and I was determined to duplicate my favorite dessert from my favorite restaurant.
This easy banana pudding recipe is so simple, just three ingredients! Make that four ingredients if you want to top it with whipped cream!
What You Need to Make Mason Jar Banana Pudding
You don’t need much to make this homemade banana pudding in a jar! Here are a few things
- mason jars – I recommend these half pint jars for this recipe
- instant vanilla pudding – I found instant vanilla pudding at Thrive Market with ingredients I liked. Get $20 in shopping credit when you sign up for Thrive Market!
- graham crackers – the traditional banana pudding in a jar recipe calls for vanilla wafer cookies, I had graham crackers on hand and liked the result!
- optional: top with some whipped cream
Once you have your ingredients gathered, get started layering your dessert!
- Line up four pint sized mason jars.
- Start with the first layer – broken up graham crackers. You want the pieces to be small but not crumbs.
- Second, mix up the vanilla pudding. Pour ¼ cup of vanilla pudding into each jar over the graham crackers.
- Top with fresh banana slices and repeat the layers.
- Add lids to the banana pudding jars and store in the fridge for an hour or until the vanilla pudding is set up.
- Once set up you can top with additional banana slices, graham crackers and some whipped cream.
This dessert is perfect to make ahead and serve to guests for a delicious and easy summer treat.
Need More Ideas For Healthy Summer Desserts? Check Out These Momma Fit Lyndsey Favorite Healthy Summer Treats And Get Your FREE Copy Of My Top 10 Healthy Desserts Cookbook!
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Lemon Blueberry Bars
- S’mores bars
- Mixed Berry Almond Flour Scones
- Healthy Twix Cookie Bars
- Healthy Blackberry Cobbler
- Apple Pie Bars
- Peach Crumble Bars
Follow Me On Social Media!
Like This Banana Pudding in a Jar Recipe? Give It A Try And Share It On Instagram! Tag Me @Mommafitlyndsey!
Homemade Banana Pudding in a Jar Recipe
Banana Pudding in a jar
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding prepared according to package directions
- 2 bananas
- 6 graham crackers
- Line up four pint sized mason jars. Break up ½ of a graham cracker into small pieces, not crumbs.
- Mix up vanilla pudding according to package directions. Pour ¼ cup of vanilla pudding into each jar over the graham crackers.
- Top with fresh banana slices and repeat the layers. Add lids to the banana pudding jars and store in the fridge for an hour or until the vanilla pudding is set up. Once set up you can top with additional banana slices, graham crackers and some whipped cream.