This post may contain affiliate links, see disclosure policy for details.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Jarlsberg. All opinions are 100% mine.
Who doesn’t love fried cheese? I remember ordering cheese sticks anytime I had the chance when I was a kid!
Now I’m looking for a little different version than my childhood favorite. Jarlsberg cheese and my air fryer helped me to create a new spin on original cheese sticks.
Jarlsberg Keto Cheese Sticks
These cheese sticks are great to make for a holiday party. They are also Keto cheese sticks which will impress your low carb eating friends. Jarlsberg gives these cheese sticks a deliciously nutty flavor while almond flour and parmesan cheese make for a delicious outside crisp.
What ingredients you need
Making this easy appetizer is quite simple. Just a few pantry items in addition to 10 ounces of Jarlsberg and you will be ready to air fry.
- 10 oz Jarlsberg cheese
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp each of onion powder, garlic powder, salt, chili powder and paprika
How to Make Cheese Sticks in the Air Fryer
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients you’ll be ready to air fry the Jarlsberg.
- Cut Jarlsberg cheese into two inch long sticks. Place sticks into a freezer safe container and place in freezer for about 30 minutes for until frozen.
- Put egg in a bowl and whisk.
- Place parmesan cheese and spices in a bowl and combine well.
- Once cheese is frozen, add flour (almond and coconut mixture) into the bag and shake until the cheese sticks are fully coated. Remove cheese sticks to a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place remaining flour in bowl with parmesan cheese and spices.
- Dip each cheese stick in egg until fully coated and then dip again into spice/flour mixture until coated. Place on baking sheet and freeze for one hour.
- Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray. Once frozen remove cheese sticks from freezer and place in the air fryer.
- Cook at 380F for 3-6 minutes, shaking halfway through. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of the cheese stick.
- Serve with low sugar marinara or ranch dressing for a low carb dip option.