Make Christmas Cards Easy & Beautiful with Minted!
These are my best Christmas card photo tips for creating a gorgeous Christmas card with Minted!
This post is sponsored by Minted. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Momma Fit Lyndsey.
It has been forever since we had family photos taken! I have no idea why it took us so long to get our act together, but this year, I was going to be on top of it!
But, you do not have to have a professional photo to take a great photo!
My Top Tips for a Great Christmas Card Photo!
1. Hire a professional! Around Christmastime many photographers will have mini sessions! These sessions are designed for Christmas cards and are often much more affordable than a full photo session. Hiring a professional really helps to bring out the best photos of my kids. They listen to a photographer better then me when I try to shoot their photos, would would have thought?!
Jeaninne Bonadio shot our photos for us this year! If you are local to Pittsburgh, you must check her out!
2. Ask a friend for help! Even if you aren’t able to hire a professional photographer, ask a friend to shoot a few photos for you! That way you can be in the photos too. Apps like Lightroom and PicTapGo can easily edit your iPhone photo to make it look great for photos!
3. Make it quick and fun! Kids and hubbies have about the same time tolerance for photos, it’s not much! Finding an outdoor spot where kids can play or run freely makes for great candid expressions. Outdoor lighting is also great for photos. Also – snacks for all is super helpful in case crabby faces or attitudes start to come out!
4. Remember you only need one! It only takes one photo for a Christmas card! And honestly, if it’s not perfect because someone’s hair is messed up or no one is smiling, that will make a great memory someday! It’s hard at the time when you want that perfect photo, but I guarantee you’ll be laughing years later!
5. Have grace and a sense of humor if things don’t go your way! We had a few year hiatus of nice photos – in fact I wrote this blog post a few years ago about it! Any photo of your family is beautiful because it’s yours!
Easy Photo Ordering with Minted!
Ordering with Minted is so easy! I was able to upload my photos and quickly select the type of card I wanted. I easily edited the script and went from starting to ordered in less than 10 minutes!
Be sure to check out their homepage for a promo code!
All photography in cards by Jeannine Bonadio.
Have you made your Christmas cards yet? Tell me about your Christmas photo shoot experience in the comments!
Join 30,000 other followers and subscribers in getting more healthy family recipes right to your inbox! Subscribe to my monthly newsletter below!