Best Instant Pot Healthy Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Instant Pot for the Time and Clean Eating Win!
I’m not sure what it is about this time of the year, but everything schedule-wise seems to be completely insane! Meal planning and prepping are what really helps me to stay on budget and within my meal plan, but sometimes… it is just hard to even make it to the store!
So I’ve been looking for mealtime solutions that are easy but also not full of junk. Let’s face it. Sometimes it’s a lot easier to just get something prepackaged or order takeout when your schedule is crazy. But I know that when I’m eating better, I feel better, and I have more energy!
So, my Instant Pot has been getting a lot of love lately! I got an Instant Pot for Christmas and it’s been the most used appliance in our home lately!
Instant Pot Healthy Chicken Parmesan = Good for you comfort food!
When I’m focused on clean eating I often miss out on comfort food favorites, like chicken parmesan. I don’t know about you but when we’re busy, it’s easy to order a pizza or some yummy takeout. But this week I was determined to find something that was easy to make and could be a cleaned up comfort food! The ingredients are simple and few!
This instant pot healthy chicken parmesan recipe is perfect for healthy eating because it is lightened up and you can make it in a jiffy with your Instant Pot! Not to worry, if you don’t own a glorious Instant Pot just yet, you can scroll down for details on how to create this healthy recipe using your stove top. But seriously, put an Instant Pot on your wish list. You’ll thank me later. 🙂
Looking for another yummy clean eating weeknight dinner?
What is your favorite type of food? I honestly don’t think I could pick just one. But topping the list definitely has to be Mexican or Italian.
Speaking of yummy Mexican recipes, if you’re looking for another delicious and easy healthy dinner or lunch recipe, this healthy chicken quesadilla recipe is the most popular post on my blog! Give it a try and let me know what you think! Now that I think of it, I’m pretty sure these chicken parm ingredients would taste pretty amazing as a quesadilla too! #yum
Another fave! This Weeknight Italian Chicken weeknight recipe is super yummy too, especially with gluten free coating and delicious balsamic glaze!
This post contains affiliate links, see disclosure for details.
Don’t have an instant pot? Here are the stovetop directions!
Check out the recipe below for ingredients! You can print the Instant Pot directions below!
- Chicken can be pan-sauteed in 2 TB olive oil and spices for 3 minutes.
- Coat chicken with covering of pasta sauce.
- Let chicken simmer over medium-low heat in sauce via skillet for approximately 5 minutes or until cooked through. Always make sure your chicken is cooked to 165 degrees before serving.
But if you are interested in getting an Instant pot, here is the one I use. Seriously a lifesaver my friends!
Sandwich or zoodles, your pick!
This recipe is delicious on its own served over zucchini noodles. Danielle Walker has my favorite Zoodles recipe that I use all of the time! Even my oldest loves zoodles, they are that good!
But for this time, I turned it into a healthy chicken parmesan sandwich! Clean eating doesn’t have to be boring. The last thing I want to do is to eat plain rice and boiled chicken every night. With just a few tweaks you can turn your comfort food and family favorites into clean eating and healthy versions.
I would also pair this with a yummy and fresh greens salad! I loved this Italian Dressing Recipe by the Whole Cook. Perfect pairing wouldn’t you say?
What is your favorite unhealthy meal that you would love to see a lightened up spin on? Tell me in the comments!
- One pound chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 2 TB olive oil
- Medium jar low sugar marinara sauce
- Garlic powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Basil, chiffonade
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Heat up your pressure cooker: hit Saute and adjust to "more". Wait until Instant Pot reads "HOT"
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot, add chicken and saute for 3 or so minutes, stirring constantly. Be careful not to leave any parts stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Hit cancel to stop saute mode.
- Add enough sauce to just cover the chicken. Coat chicken thoroughly by stirring.
- Close Instant Pot lid and cook on manual pressure for 5 minutes on high. Let release naturally for 10 minutes then turn off. Release remaining pressure (be mindful not to put your hand or face near spout). Once released, open the lid.
- Chicken can be served over zoodles with basil and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese sprinkled over top. Let chicken mixture rest in Instant Pot on "keep warm" mode if sauce is too thin upon completion.
- For baked sandwiches, spoon half of the chicken mixture into lavash or other flat bread. Sprinkle each serving with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and basil. Bake for 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
Join 20,312 other followers and subscribers in getting more healthy family recipes right to your inbox! Download your FREE weekly meal planner below!